Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: I love beating the Flyers!!!

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Yes. Nine goals in eight games. Coincidentally, or maybe not, around when Malkin went down with the injury. I love that the team has seemingly bought into the more responsible play. I worry that Malkin may not.

Eh. There'd be more credence to wondering if the rest of team lets off defensively once Geno comes back, a la Sid's return last year.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
didn't Shero say Bennett has earned himself a permanent spot in the top 9 last night when talking about the trade?

He ultimately left those decisions up to the coaching staff and how players are used within it. I wouldn't be surprised to see Beau moved up and down, in and out of the lineup.

AlanMSaunders

Aug 25, 2005
Pittsburgh
He ultimately left those decisions up to the coaching staff and how players are used within it. I wouldn't be surprised to see Beau moved up and down, in and out of the lineup.

Bennett has already played 53 games this season after only playing 47 over the last 2 years combined. I think they will try to monitor his ice time and/or give him a few games off down the stretch to try to keep him fresh.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I'm watching the pregame since I skipped over a lot of it once I got home last night. I'll give a + to Engelland for saying "We gotta play between the whistles, stay out of the **** after the whistles" and no they didn't bleep the S word. :laugh:

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
And of course the 5-on-3 was ol' uncle Gary setting it up for Sid. :)

Funniest thing is Bryzgalov shutting them out most of the game and then he gets sniped by TK :laugh:

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I'm watching the pregame since I skipped over a lot of it once I got home last night. I'll give a + to Engelland for saying "We gotta play between the whistles, stay out of the **** after the whistles" and no they didn't bleep the S word. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad