Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: I love beating the Flyers!!!

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Plus

+ Third Period Resilience: Gotta love it. We just believe now that we can do it. It's beautiful. It started with the 4-1 comeback (even though we came back in the 2nd).

+ Sid: Nothing better than Sid scoring against the Flyers. I thought their line had a million chances and they deserved more.

+ Fleury: Not his best goal against, but he really did make big saves to keep us alive down 1-0. I thought he played a simple but very solid game.

+ Dupers: ****ing right! Concussion and on for the final goal. :yo:

Even

+/- Dustin Jeffrey: He would make great plays and follow them up with ****** decisions.

Minus

- No hunger for both teams: Very lazy game played by two rivals who have really been at one another's throats for awhile. That was a decent third period - but meeeeh for Flyers/Pens.

- Joe Vitale - Injured? There goes 60% of our faceoff wins. :( Joe God better heal himself.

- Neal: Needs Geno back ASAP

- Coburn: Are you ****ing serious?

- Refs: Let too much go and look what happened

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
Why the **** is TK always taking slappers with a wrister like that?

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
+ Crosby
+ Kennedy (props for that good shot)
+ Bennett
+ Fleury... how could i forget to mention him here? awesome game.

- Neal
- Jeffrey (played pretty well but can't finish)

-- Coburn (gutless hit from a gutless player)

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
definite gut check win tonight. agree on the meh factor for a typical Pens-Flyers game, but 2 points is 2 points. MAF played well after a soft goal & the OT winner by TK. Damn, it always feels good beating Philly like that.....:yo:

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I thought Neal played a pretty good game he just needs to shoot more. For some reason lately he keeps faking and then trying to make backhand passes. He's not Crosby he needs to just rip the puck if he gets even close to the net. With his shot there's no excuse for him not to.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Tyler Kennedy..... KENNEDY!

Awesome :D.

I will now kill any notion of Joe Morrow ever having been a Penguin to begin with and get on with my week.

Happy trails, lads.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Ok, I've held off on his other ones...but we are getting to the point now where I actually don't want Kennedy moved. If he can keep this up, he can do what he did for us during our cup run. We all know he elevated his game anyways in the playoffs like talbot. Instead of him being the whipping boy and all of us wanting him gone for a draft pick, how about hoping he can keep this up?

It's definitely not unrealistic to think so.

A Bennett - Sutter - Kennedy line with Cooke being moved down to 4th could be pretty nice( if we don't make any more moves)

BCard86

Mar 2, 2013
Knightdale, NC
That's Pittsburgh Penguins Ice Hockey. Great win. There is no quit in this team and they are getting better. Adding Morrow will indeed help. But who could have predicted the recent scoring from the 3rd and 4th liners??

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Plus

+ Third Period Resilience: Gotta love it. We just believe now that we can do it. It's beautiful. It started with the 4-1 comeback (even though we came back in the 2nd).

+ Sid: Nothing better than Sid scoring against the Flyers. I thought their line had a million chances and they deserved more.

+ Fleury: Not his best goal against, but he really did make big saves to keep us alive down 1-0. I thought he played a simple but very solid game.

+ Dupers: ****ing right! Concussion and on for the final goal. :yo:

Even

+/- Dustin Jeffrey: He would make great plays and follow them up with ****** decisions.

Minus

- No hunger for both teams: Very lazy game played by two rivals who have really been at one another's throats for awhile. That was a decent third period - but meeeeh for Flyers/Pens.

- Joe Vitale - Injured? There goes 60% of our faceoff wins. :( Joe God better heal himself.

- Neal: Needs Geno back ASAP

- Coburn: Are you ****ing serious?

- Refs: Let too much go and look what happened

I actually thought that Neal kind of was moving his feet tonight, at least by his standards.

nhindian

Jul 4, 2009
+ Fleury. Lots of clutch saves there, unfortunate bounce for the goal against
+ Sid. That shot.
+ TK. DAT SHOT. Was dangerous all game for once and actually tried to make plays. That pass to DJ was sick, too bad DJ didn't shoot.

- Orpik. Bad turnovers

---- Coburn. What a puke. Hoping for a suspension but doubt it. Who cares, at this point I'd rather the Flyers just keep him since then they won't plummet to 30th. Or maybe they still will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad