Cole's Plus/Minus: Game 2 - The Murray and Sid show!

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
The one encouraging thing from L2 tonight for Malkin was he is still playing responsibly defensively, despite the offensive problems.

Reactions: KIRK

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I didn't see any flubbed passes due to ice tonight for Malkin, honestly. Ice isn't great but everyone is playing on it
There are plays he likes to make. Cross ice passes through defenders. Give and go's that didn't materialize. In the first game he made a nice play to Zucker on a reverse behind the net, but the puck didn't travel well and Zucker missed an open net. He might have missed it anyhow, but the ice hindered that play. That's sort of what I'm speaking to. I sincerely hope they fix the ice. Someones gonna get hurt.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
You know I'd probably feel like we played a near perfect game tonight if we'd gotten zero PP opportunities instead of 5. How truly awful they are on the PP kind of overshadows a lot of good things they do.

MrRuckus

Nov 7, 2019

shakeshead.gif

MrRuckus

Nov 7, 2019
I’m not sure how much slack should be given in this situation. Four month layoff right into playoff hockey with very little tune up in between. They certainly aren’t in mid season form, that’s for sure.

None. They just had a 7 game losing streak when in mid-season form. THis is a continuation of the same garbage because they just aren't that good.

robopigeon

Dec 9, 2013
Shot-blocking is something I haven't thought about but that 2016 was a machine at getting into lanes and stopping shots. Even Rust used to be great at it. Do we not have the players anymore or is that a coaching decision, to prevent injuries? Would certainly help the goaltenders out.

Reactions: ColePens

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I'm so sick of the NHL theme song on NBC. It's been on there since the first winter classic. Enough already, change it!!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad