Cole's Plus/Minus: Game 2 - The Murray and Sid show!

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Yes, the power play is atrocious.

0-5 with only three shots so far in this series...

Thank God I'm talking about the Habs.

Let's go Pens.
Huh. I'd be interested in the overall PP success in this tournament. Seems like it's something that needs practice and time to click, so wouldn't be surprised if everyone's percentage was down.

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Huh. I'd be interested in the overall PP success in this tournament. Seems like it's something that needs practice and time to click, so wouldn't be surprised if everyone's percentage was down.

7 teams yet to score - Vegas, CBJ, Toronto, Boston, Flyers, Habs, Tampa. 6 teams with at least 1 goal but sub-20% - Canes, Jets, Nucks, Arizona, Pens, NYR. 5 teams in 25-20% range of good normalcy - Florida, Caps, Blues, Wild, Colorado. 6 teams with 30% or higher - Dallas, Oilers, Flames, Preds, Hawks, NYI.

Obviously not a lot of teams on that list ran much below 19% during the regular season and some of those that did are now running super-hot - Predators, Blackhawks, Islanders.

So yeah, I think it's fair to say a lot of teams aren't where they'd like to be with their PP yet.

Reactions: NMK11

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
7 teams yet to score - Vegas, CBJ, Toronto, Boston, Flyers, Habs, Tampa. 6 teams with at least 1 goal but sub-20% - Canes, Jets, Nucks, Arizona, Pens, NYR. 5 teams in 25-20% range of good normalcy - Florida, Caps, Blues, Wild, Colorado. 6 teams with 30% or higher - Dallas, Oilers, Flames, Preds, Hawks, NYI.

Obviously not a lot of teams on that list ran much below 19% during the regular season and some of those that did are now running super-hot - Predators, Blackhawks, Islanders.

So yeah, I think it's fair to say a lot of teams aren't where they'd like to be with their PP yet.

So we have some pretty extreme ends, not sure if that helps or hurts my theory that PPs are probably suffering from the layoff, probably hurts it more? Will be interesting to see where it all shakes out over the course of this round.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea

Flames were hot last night, converting 3 out of 4 PPs against the Jets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad