Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: black & gold vs. black & gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Marino made a bad move there at the end

But im still trying to process what I seen with Letang and Malkin playing Hot Potato with each other...

You shoot... No you shoot... No by all means you do it...

Reactions: Lustaf

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
I can't take the negativity of the new posters and the continuous bashing of our stars. f*** off. They played ok. I still don't like Zucker with Malkin but this was the first game I saw something toward the end. Not sure if it's two players playing well separately or the beginning of them learning how to play together. Malkin played well, mostly great stuff in OT but he expected Letang to shoot.

Crosby was good, still too cute on the PP. The team fights hard. Everybody looks a little slower than normal.

Reactions: bganch17

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Marino is a mess defensively right now.

It probably doesn't help that he has 0 consistency right now. He has to play up and down the line up, both sides, has to anchor Ceci most of the time. Thats a lot to ask of a player that has just played around 60 games.

Thought Zucker had his best game as a Pen tonight, Jarry was also fantastic. Special teams killed us tonight, but overall that was a step in the right direction I think. Pretty good 5 on 5 play and another comeback. Would help to get a lead for once though, we can't keep giving up goals in the 1st

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
You secure a point in a game you trail by two going to the 3rd, and against one of the best teams in the league, you take it!

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Even with the disappointing end to this game, the Penguins are 4-0-1 in their last 5 and just had IMO their best game of the season.

I'm not worried right now.

Huh? They were pretty mediocre through two periods. Good third though.

Malkin showing life was encouraging.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Even with the disappointing end to this game, the Penguins are 4-0-1 in their last 5 and just had IMO their best game of the season.

I'm not worried right now.

At the end of the day, we are seeing there is no quit and they can come back from deficits. It was the lack of winning given the number of chances that was upsetting.

Malkin, though did good, should be hanging his head right now. Letang too. And Sid. Maybe Marino.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
More of that Malkin in OT please. Aside from the terrible 3 on 0.

Think that was the first game I was really into. They played well.

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
@ColePens, one more plus. You could see Kapanen getting on the same page as Malkin as the game wore on, and as the comfort and confidence grew with those two, it grew a little by extension with Zucker. Still not sure it's a whole greater than sum of parts style combo, but you could see the steps in the right direction. It's too bad there's a thread that says @Jesse wrote an article saying Malkin is broken, because he didn't exactly look like it tonight.

Joke aside, the big concern for me is the Bruins play with structure and support, from top to bottom and all over the ice. They play a five man game and the Pens don't, and that's a competitive disadvantage that's hard to overcome.

EDIT: Agree 100% on Jarry. And frankly I think he really needed one like this, against a top team like this.

Reactions: ColePens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad