Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: black & gold vs. black & gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Our last #1 D to win a Stanley Cup.. Yeah

Oh the game he was on the ice for literally every goal against. Most players were -1. Two were -2. None were -3 and somehow Letang managed to be -4. That was a very special game from him. That has to be some type of record.

Schultz has 4th in average ice time in 2017. Should we bring back Ron Hainsey and Olli Maatta then?

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
How many f***ing years do we have to watch guys playing hot potato with the f***ing puck???

This globetrotting shit is just beyond f***ing infuriating. Just shoot the damn puck and look for rebounds.

Simple shit that keeps costing games.

On days like this at least, do you understand why I keep calling Letang and Malking IDIOTS?

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Yeah, this team gets Pettersson back and I'd argue I like our top four as:

Marino - Letang
Pettersson - Ruhwedel

better than

Dumo - Letang
Matheson - Marino
If the injury stars align:

Pettersson - Letang
POJ - Marino
Riikola - Ruhwedel

Might not be half bad. That's a bit frustrating, since it means our big offseason acquisitions, Matheson and Ceci, are eating nachos while their cap space could have been applied to one more impact F. It probably wasn't possible to dump Horny with no cap coming back, but man, Mike Hoffman signed for 4m. Can you imagine?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
If the injury stars align:

Pettersson - Leteng
POJ - Marino
Riikola - Ruhwedel

Might not be half bad. That's a bit frustrating, since it means our big offseason acquisitions, Matheson and Ceci, are eating nachos while their cap space could have been applied to one more impact F. It probably wasn't possible to dump Horny with no cap coming back, but man, Mike Hoffman signed for 4m. Can you imagine?

I don’t see why we need anymore forward help tbh.

Reactions: LittleSpoon

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
I don’t see why we need anymore forward help tbh.
After their strong start together, the Jankowski/Tanev pair has already been broken up. Adding an impact RW who could play somewhere in the top 9, man the RHS one timer spot on the half wall for the PP, and push Tanev back down to L4 with Blueger would be beneficial for sure. If we are in a position to buy at the deadline that would be a prime spot to target.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Schultz stats.. 7 games. 2 goals. 2 assist and +7.

Letang stats.. 7 games. 0 goals. 3 assist and -1.
Schultz > Letang? :laugh:

tumblr_lud9s381Gx1qefa4g.gif

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
After their strong start together, the Jankowski/Tanev pair has already been broken up. Adding an impact RW who could play somewhere in the top 9, man the RHS one timer spot on the half wall for the PP, and push Tanev back down to L4 with Blueger would be beneficial for sure. If we are in a position to buy at the deadline that would be a prime spot to target.

Meh. Hoffman removing Tanev from the top nine is a big loss for me. We already have Guentzel playing Hoffman’s game and Rust’s best attributes leaving his game to be skilled.

Jankowski has been bad that last little while. But, I mean, most of were saying he’d be a low minute 4C that PKed all summer with some potential to maybe get back some of his old play.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
On days like this at least, do you understand why I keep calling Letang and Malking IDIOTS?
Oh, no doubt. Phenomenally gifted hockey players but play on emotion instead of game IQ. Both will always hurt you as much as they help you and you’ve just gotta hope that the good outweighs the bad.

Reactions: Angrrus

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Dumoulin has analytically been their best defenseman by a healthy margin.

I really don't know what to think with him. Yes, he's failing the eye test to me, but the results are what the results are. It's the same situation as Crosby.

Justice 4 Ruhwedel

I know it’s fun to bury Letang, but since the Flyer debacle he has been on the ice for 108 minutes at 5v5 and surrendered 1 GA. He also has been significantly out chancing the other team too.

For reference Malkin and Crosby are a combined 6 GA in 150 minutes of ice time in that sample.

Our biggest issue defensively has been Marino who has gotten absolutely obliterated during the last five games.

Further point to sticking him and Letang together @Peat.

Good spot. I looked at Dumo-Letang for the game log and they've been dominant 3 out of the last 5 games, good/average 1, only bad once. I haven't loved the eye test - particularly the way they've handled the puck - but no arguing with the results.

And Marino, yeah, Marino had two strong games to open up and since then has been shelled. I don't think it's entirely his fault but that pairing is the one that needs to be fixed. Maybe you do that by splitting Dumo-Letang.

edit: Well, maybe you can't now. Oh well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->