Cole's OT BBQ! Burgers and house music coming up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
My wife has changed my style significantly since we've met. I used to rock the cargo shorts and she's turned me to a sophisticated man haha

The only time I wear cargo shorts is on vacation because of extra pockets. I get to carry the water bottle and her ID's/Credit cards and the rule is she can't make fun of me. Utility for the win
For me it's the opposite. I've changed my gfs style so much. She works at Lululemon hq so all she wore was stretchy pants which I mean, nice to stare at when she's wearing them but when we go out I'd like her to put in more effort and she said she wanted to so I took her shopping and got her key pieces that she can make outfits out of and then told her to make it her own so it reflected her personality and I'm proud of her.

Today she's wearing a nice Sundress but with chucks. Haha, she tried to wear a Levis denim jacket but then realized it's hot outside and she can't commit to that jacket and the sweat.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah, I never really thought this would be in my teaching duties when I got my PhD, though, I probably should have known better. :laugh: :cry:
Yeah that's crazy that you're teaching these blokes and they're going through some real shit, like some really dreary political thriller.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Well, for the first time in about 10 years, I am boat-less, I sold the old girl. I'm hoping to buy a new one next year, we'll see how long I can go without a boat.

They're so damn expensive but my wife actually told me that I need a boat, so....who am I to argue? :nod: Did I mention how much I love this woman?

Reactions: ColePens

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
My wife has changed my style significantly since we've met. I used to rock the cargo shorts and she's turned me to a sophisticated man haha

The only time I wear cargo shorts is on vacation because of extra pockets. I get to carry the water bottle and her ID's/Credit cards and the rule is she can't make fun of me. Utility for the win
I wear cargo pants with my crocs come summer. I mean, I'm 34 years old and I've gone full-on Dad style, yet I'm not even a father. I think I realized for the first time when I caught myself tucking a t-shirt into my pants, at that point all hope was lost.

I do prefer cool-cold weather though for the ability to put my wallet into my jacket/coat. Even with relax-fit jeans, my bulky thighs/ass make it very difficult to put my wallet in my front pockets (damn you squats).

I too have used the put my wallet in my wife's purse technique whenever I can.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

I like this man. Welcome to the club.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Well, for the first time in about 10 years, I am boat-less, I sold the old girl. I'm hoping to buy a new one next year, we'll see how long I can go without a boat.

They're so damn expensive but my wife actually told me that I need a boat, so....who am I to argue? :nod: Did I mention how much I love this woman?

Never was a fan of boating or the water until I spent a summer afternoon on a boat. Holy shit.. it was relaxing, refreshing, adn just felt amazing. If you are good at being able to maintain and you have a spot to keep it, then boom. 100% worth it. If you are stretching the wallet, f*** that. Run.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
my wife's stuff so she doesn't have to carry her bag everywhere.

Seriously, what do you do with your stuff?
Mate I was serious. If my gf is wearing a jacket with pockets or has her purse, my stuff goes in those pockets and that purse. She protests but then I say I'll buy her a snack and she's fine.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Have any of yinz gotten a new job since the pandemic started? If so, how has the transition been, any regrets?

I’m so sick of my job lately, I want to make a change. I was close to bouncing before the pandemic, and I’ve only felt more strongly about that since. We’ve been super busy and this WFH environment has made it difficult for me to unplug. Too often I’m working really late nights to hit deadlines. The only thing that gives me pause is that my current employer doesn’t have any major threat of layoffs in the next 6 months or so. I’m of the belief that I’m gonna get worked like crazy until the end of the year just to be told “no promotions this year due to COVID” despite having the highest sales we’ve had in like 5 years.

Reactions: EightyOne

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Mate I was serious. If my gf is wearing a jacket with pockets or has her purse, my stuff goes in those pockets and that purse. She protests but then I say I'll buy her a snack and she's fine.
is she always with you?

Does she always have her purse or a jacket when she is with you?

Also offering to buy a snack isn't a thing with a wife, because she can just buy her own snack with the same money :laugh:

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
is she just always with you? Does she always have her purse or a jacket when she is with you?
If I'm alone I keep my keys and wallet in my hand (or arm rest) I don't need my phone on me with my apple watch. It's the cellular apple watch series 5. So my wallet is on the watch too.

Even the Lincoln, I can unlock it with my watch. So mostly I just do it to annoy her. I love her to bits and it tickles me to rile her up.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Also offering to buy a snack isn't a thing with a wife, because she can just buy her own snack with the same money :laugh:
It's true but it's the gesture with her. She likes gestures like that. I think she knows I'm doing it to annoy her. But she just plays along.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
If I'm alone I keep my keys and wallet in my hand (or arm rest) I don't need my phone on me with my apple watch. It's the cellular apple watch series 5. So my wallet is on the watch too.

Even the Lincoln, I can unlock it with my watch. So mostly I just do it to annoy her. I love her to bits and it tickles me to rile her up.
so like...you don't have your ID or anything on you ever? And you just carry your keys around all day?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
so like...you don't have your ID or anything on you ever? And you just carry your keys around all day?
Not sure when I'd need my ID here. It'd be hilarious if I got ID'd at the liquor store. My debit and credit cards are on my apple wallet which is also on my watch.

Like I said I can honestly keep my phone, watch, and keys in the Lincoln and be fine. My door has a code too so even if my Bluetooth didn't connect to unlock with the Lincoln/Ford pass, I can always unlock it. I've embraced technology mate.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It's true but it's the gesture with her. She likes gestures like that. I think she knows I'm doing it to annoy her. But she just plays along.
does she always just have spare pockets or her purse? I feel like useful pocket size is the biggest advantage of guy clothes over girl clothes, it seems like such a waste :laugh:

Honestly, if I consistently asked my wife to carry my stuff for me she would insist I start wearing cargo pants all the time. She asks me to carry her stuff far more often.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Not sure when I'd need my ID here. It'd be hilarious if I got ID'd at the liquor store. My debit and credit cards are on my apple wallet which is also on my watch.
do you keep it in the car? Driving is the most obvious place you'd need it. I guess I also forget that you are super old so nobody will waste their time carding you ;) But even then, there are places here that just straight up ID everybody to avoid any possible issues.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
does she always just have spare pockets or her purse? I feel like useful pocket size is the biggest advantage of guy clothes over girl clothes, it seems like such a waste :laugh:

Honestly, if I consistently asked my wife to carry my stuff for her she would insist I start wearing cargo pants all the time.
Of all the purses I've bought her, all she ever keeps in it is a slim wallet with her cards and her phone.

You gotta understand, that wanker loses everything. I've bought so many damn tile things to help her keep track but she loses her tile and never tells me when the battery on them are dead.

She's the person that wakes up and spends an hour trying to find her cards in the morning.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Of all the purses I've bought her, all she ever keeps in it is a slim wallet with her cards and her phone.

You gotta understand, that wanker loses everything. I've bought so many damn tile things to help her keep track but she loses her tile and never tells me when the battery on them are dead.

She's the person that wakes up and spends an hour trying to find her cards in the morning.
this just makes the whole thing more confusing that she's the one you have hold your stuff :laugh:

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'd say I need my ID at least 50% of the times I buy any sort of alcohol even at 34. So many places just require it from everybody regardless of how old you look.
Here they ID you if you look under 30. I always have a beard and my whole chin part of my beard is white. Also I go to one regularly enough they know me. But yeah if I do need it it's always in my ride so it's never far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad