Cole's OT BBQ! Burgers and house music coming up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
bless that poor woman's heart
I take care of her, come on its not all jokes. I randomly buy her flowers and cook her dinner as well as leaving her little notes (I bought these cute little cards to write them on, size of business cards). Also when she's on her monthly red visitor, I know which place she loves her Pho and Banh Mi.

Then the non PG stuff. Trust me she's fine.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Have any of yinz gotten a new job since the pandemic started? If so, how has the transition been, any regrets?

I’m so sick of my job lately, I want to make a change. I was close to bouncing before the pandemic, and I’ve only felt more strongly about that since. We’ve been super busy and this WFH environment has made it difficult for me to unplug. Too often I’m working really late nights to hit deadlines. The only thing that gives me pause is that my current employer doesn’t have any major threat of layoffs in the next 6 months or so. I’m of the belief that I’m gonna get worked like crazy until the end of the year just to be told “no promotions this year due to COVID” despite having the highest sales we’ve had in like 5 years.

Probably not the scenario you're looking for but, my wife left her job after 13 years (she's in mental health) with nothing else lined up. We talked about this for over a year because the work environment has been so toxic that she couldn't remain at that agency any longer. We tallied up our bills and we can make it with just my income with a little belt tightening.

She resigned 3 weeks ago and this is the happiest I've seen her in quite some time.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Probably not the scenario you're looking for but, my wife left her job after 13 years (she's in mental health) with nothing else lined up. We talked about this for over a year because the work environment has been so toxic that she couldn't remain at that agency any longer. We tallied up our bills and we can make it with just my income with a little belt tightening.

She resigned 3 weeks ago and this is the happiest I've seen her in quite some time.

Nice, happy for you and your wife. Unfortunately, I can’t quit without something lined up. The thought of quitting does help me fall asleep at night though!

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Never was a fan of boating or the water until I spent a summer afternoon on a boat. Holy shit.. it was relaxing, refreshing, adn just felt amazing. If you are good at being able to maintain and you have a spot to keep it, then boom. 100% worth it. If you are stretching the wallet, f*** that. Run.
I don't really go "boating", but I fish. A lot. I have for as long as I can remember.

Boats are expensive, insanely so for just a hobby so it can be hard to justify dropping that much on one. But I don't smoke, drink, do drugs, attend concerts, we rarely eat out (and since covid we have stopped that completely), etc.... I live a pretty simple/frugal lifestyle. I also work 6 days a week and because I'm a workaholic I can't stop doing it, I might as well treat myself (of course within budget). Yes it's a big purchase, but one that I'll enjoy for the next 20 years or so.

I used to just save as much as I could and was miserable, I think I've found a much better balance of enjoying life but still saving for the future.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Drivers who won't let you move over are the worst.
My biggest pet peeve living in Canada. In the interior when we used to go up to camp, people moved. But in Vancouver and surrounding cities, so many egos, no one moves out of the left lane so you're passing from the right and to make matters worse these assholes will then speed up like how dare you pass me on the right when I was going way too slow in the left lane, I'm now gonna speed up too.

It's why both of our vehicles are equipped with a front dash cam and rear cam with cloud storage and parking surveillance.

f***ing wankers.

Reactions: EightyOne

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
... these assholes will then speed up like how dare you pass me on the right when I was going way too slow in the left lane, I'm now gonna speed up too.

It's not even that. We are both doing 50 km/h. Besides, I sometimes do 10 over the limit. So if I still can't pull ahead (as I approach the opening in the lane and flip my signal), then like... Just let me move over. That's all I ask.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's not even that. We are both doing 50 km/h. Besides, I sometimes do 10 over the limit. So if I still can't pull ahead (as I approach the opening in the lane and flip my signal), then like... Just let me move over. That's all I ask.
Oh yeah I get what you mean. It's usually in the city where I experience that. They have these ticket cameras now for speeding so everyone slows down to 40 thinking the 50 speed limit is now too high for that light so I can't go from the right because the two idiots in front and to the right are now clocking the same idiotic speed so I am blocked.

Reactions: BHD

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017

Well that's your problem right there, man. You're driving in kilometers per hour
You have to drive miles per hour to keep up with traffic

Reactions: EightyOne

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm shocked every day going through the fort Pitt tunnel how civil people are and how somebody always lets me get over the lanes I need to cross. The squirrel hill tunnel traffic was a whole different game of cut throat assholes :laugh:

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
@Clare2904, like I said, this dog loves his blankets :laugh:

Attachments

• 20200818_155303.jpg
    20200818_155303.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 3

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's still around, but rush hour, good luck.

I noticed in BC, Vancouver definitely doesn't, neither did the Island and definitely not Richmond and Burnaby. But Surrey? Every time and no one honks when someone allows it, whereas in those other cities, you will definitely have people pissed at you.

Seattle, lol, good luck.

Reactions: BHD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad