OT: Cole's OT Bar: -18 and snow to 60 and run to 30 and rain all in one week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The Raid movies are great. I'll have to check it out.
Headshot was not good.

We had a running gag about how people bled in that movie, we took shots every time they bled from the mouth from strikes that made no sense to bleed from the mouth. At one point, dude gets kicked in the leg, spits out blood...what?

Lol

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Headshot was not good.

We had a running gag about how people bled in that movie, we took shots every time they bled from the mouth from strikes that made no sense to bleed from the mouth. At one point, dude gets kicked in the leg, spits out blood...what?

Lol

Who's fault is it that your baby kicks aren't powerful enough to make someone BLEEEEEED?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I need to stop buying video games. There's such a backlog and I barely ever play anything.

I’m at IKEA right now so it could end badly for my wallet :laugh:

I am guilty of both of these things, buying too many video games and buying too much furniture. Add smart home stuff, beer and food and that's basically 99% of what I spend my free money on.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I am guilty of both of these things, buying too many video games and buying too much furniture. Add smart home stuff, beer and food and that's basically 99% of what I spend my free money on.

I survived IKEA. I bought the one thing I needed.

Reactions: EightyOne

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I'm not really the New Year's resolution type, but I drove by my grandmother's childhood home over Christmas and I think I accidentally shamed myself into running again. The road to her farmhouse from the Church/school is 4 miles long. She walked that both ways 6 days a week from the time she was 5 years old... In Canadian winters.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I survived IKEA. I bought the one thing I needed.

I wanted to go to IKEA for the Christmas sale they're having right now, I want to get a better couch that isn't something you'd see in a college apartment :laugh:

I'll probably do that when I move into my new apartment in July, I don't want to have a college apartment anymore. I don't mean that as in low quality apartment, I mean the stuff inside the apartment.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I wanted to go to IKEA for the Christmas sale they're having right now, I want to get a better couch that isn't something you'd see in a college apartment :laugh:

I'll probably do that when I move into my new apartment in July, I don't want to have a college apartment anymore. I don't mean that as in low quality apartment, I mean the stuff inside the apartment.
Dude, I'm 31 with a 6 figure income and my apartment is still Ikea. The day I buy a home I plan to die in is the day I spend real money on furniture. I've given away too much stuff in my various moves to make that mistake again.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Dude, I'm 31 with a 6 figure income and my apartment is still Ikea. The day I buy a home I plan to die in is the day I spend real money on furniture. I've given away too much stuff in my various moves to make that mistake again.

Oh no, I still would buy stuff from IKEA, I just want to get rid of the $20 crap I got from IKEA that worked in college apartments. I want to get better stuff than the $250 couches or the $20 end tables, I would still buy that stuff at IKEA.

Reactions: Sideline

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I need to stop buying video games. There's such a backlog and I barely ever play anything.

My son got Call of Duty black ops IIII and Battlefield V and what is he playing...? Fortnite on his switch.

I still hate Fortnite.

To top it off, he could have bought a $10.00 card and got fortnite free on his switch, but he choose to buy the actual game for $50.00 just for some dumb packs and 1000 V-bucks.

Flush that money... vvvvvvvv the drain.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Oh no, I still would buy stuff from IKEA, I just want to get rid of the $20 crap I got from IKEA that worked in college apartments. I want to get better stuff than the $250 couches or the $20 end tables, I would still buy that stuff at IKEA.

Oh gotcha, smart move. The only furniture I spend a little more on is the TV and mattress. You spend 1/3 of your life sleeping and that makes a big difference in the other 2/3s. Also Penguins in HD is non-negotiable.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'd tell you guys to get some real hobby's. You know, the ones where you can actually profit from.

I collect tools, go after the deals where I know I'll make money. My younger son I have him learning about the art of collecting star Wars stuff.

I recently found him an original Millenium Falcon model never put together, parts still in the plastic bags, the box is close to NM considering it is 40 years old.

I will turn a $50.00 investment into $400.00 to $600.00.

The fun is in the hunt. No matter what it is you're looking for/find.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Decided to spend some of my money improving my flat, making it look nicer. Going to get all the cards for play-off winning teams (Those on the cup) and frame it with a cup picture. Will do the 16/17 first.

I still need to put up the Nanoleaf Lights I bought this year too.

I normally have a couple I buy a year but next year I won't be buying FIFA or NHL so, will be a lean year for a while likely.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
You won’t last 2 days. ;)

To be fair, it's incredibly easy to ignore the Sprong thread when the guy who created the Sprong thread is on your ignore list :laugh:

It even blocks threads made by posters on your ignore list, it's great.

Oh gotcha, smart move. The only furniture I spend a little more on is the TV and mattress. You spend 1/3 of your life sleeping and that makes a big difference in the other 2/3s. Also Penguins in HD is non-negotiable.

I more so want my apartment to look nice more than anything else. I'll buy something like a granite dining room table because it makes the apartment nicer, even if I don't eat often on it. I'm very much into aesthetics of my apartment, looking at visually pleasing stuff puts me in a much better mood.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Was looking at the cards I need to complete a hockey card set. If I was to buy the remainder individually, around $350....

Think I'll keep buying some boxes, still need at least 50%

Need to work out how to display the cards I'll buy for the Championship displays I want to do.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Returned the android tablet I bought 2 days ago. Apple has me for phones and tablets I can’t escape :laugh:

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I gave up after Season 4. I tried to get into Season 5 but I just couldn't.

I watched one episode and it was the worst thing I'd ever seen. There was a battle and some fruity looking viking who was seemingly paralyzed from the waist down crawled into the fray and still managed to kill someone. The fact that it's on the History Channel was the cherry on top.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
My son got Call of Duty black ops IIII and Battlefield V and what is he playing...? Fortnite on his switch.

I still hate Fortnite.

To top it off, he could have bought a $10.00 card and got fortnite free on his switch, but he choose to buy the actual game for $50.00 just for some dumb packs and 1000 V-bucks.

Flush that money... vvvvvvvv the drain.

q25dmt72kyq11.png

Reactions: That1Kid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad