Confirmed with Link: ColePens Said ANYTHING for the B2B Cup (Hornqvist traded to Florida for Matheson + Sceviour)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
Fellas if you feel bad for the Pens go look at CapFreindly....other teams are in worse shape.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Fly in the ointment is JR has already mentioned that Matheson can play on RD. Like, why even mention that if the plan is to 100% move one of the LD?
Someones gonna have to go. I can't imagine us carrying that many LD. Maybe he's just speaking like that not to tip his hand, who knows.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Someones gonna have to go. I can't imagine us carrying that many LD. Maybe he's just speaking like that not to tip his hand, who knows.

I mean ... if we, as fans, know that something has to give, I doubt other GMs around the league are going to be fooled by JR pretending he doesn't have to move a LD.

Reactions: Andy99

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Fellas if you feel bad for the Pens go look at CapFreindly....other teams are in worse shape.

That's what we are striving for now - that some teams are in worse shape? And they are getting fewer and fewer with every trade too.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
That's the whole game.

If Johnson goes, I get it.

If Johnson stays (and I'm afraid that's the far more likely outcome), then enjoy the shit show.

He HAS paid Petts and Riiks more recently. So. A semblance of misguided hope.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Their first round pick in the middle of a good draft for a prayer of a top sixer and then a top sixer for yet another LD project on a huge contract and a 4th liner.

I mean... that's the admittedly somewhat-grim take but talk about starting off on a shit foot.

"Transition on the fly" lol -- what a knob.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I mean ... if we, as fans, know that something has to give, I doubt other GMs around the league are going to be fooled by JR pretending he doesn't have to move a LD.
He could try and pass off (as he apparently attempting to do) to say one of them can play the right side. Beyond that and for all we know he might have something in the pipeline as we speak. I don't believe for a second we're near done.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
@Jaded-Fan . . . BEHOLD . . . it burns . . .

giphy-downsized.gif

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I think this deal hinges on what JR does next. If he dumps JJ, it starts looking ok. If he moves Petts, then there's a good chance this blows up in our faces.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA

It's a couple years old but the fourth goal assisted by McCann was really nice. Just wanted to share.

Reactions: Doogle

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I think he keeps getting LHD so that he can always blame the handedness of JJs partners for JJs poor play. He will always refuse to admit that JJ was terrible mistake, and will gladly ruin the team to try and cover for the fact that JJ is t an NHL caliber player.
He really needs to be fired for this stubbornness.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
He could try and pass off (as he apparently attempting to do) to say one of them can play the right side. Beyond that and for all we know he might have something in the pipeline as we speak. I don't believe for a second we're near done.

Thing is it HAS to be Johnson going. Otherwise we're just shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic. Matheson's not an upgrade on Pettersson; he's just a different type of defender.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Flies are tiny. I would have tried to transition on a larger insect, like one of those murder hornets. Maybe if they had tried that, they would have had sufficient room to make a better decision.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
For those excited to pencil Sceviour into Zach Aston-Reese's spot on the fourth line, keep in mind that ZAR is our best forechecker apart from Zucker and Sceviour is well below-average in that regard. Considering that our bottom six plays a dump-and-recover game I still take ZAR every day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad