Confirmed with Link: Cole to PIT for Bortuzzo & 7th

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
he's been slightly better than I expected. wouldn't mind him as a fill in 6th defenseman in the playoffs if somebody like Michalek or Gunnarson or Jackman are struggling

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
He's been a breath of fresh air. I was sick of Ian Cole, the guy couldn't make the simple play. The way Bort stuck up for Jax last night spoke volumes. Don't think Cole would have done that.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I liked it from the beginning. Ian Cole is a mediocre defenseman who started playing scared of taking penalties and being physical. After that, he had no identity to his game.

They are both 3rd pairing guys, but I'd rather have someone like Bortuzzo who provides that tough, physical edge.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
From what I've seen of Cole and randomly checking pens posts.....they aren't happy

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I rooted for Cole when he was here. He seemed to have a ton of ability. But he was never able to put the pieces together and be a solid contributor. He was a big, strong guy who was physical as an amateur. But he wasn't physical here. Why? The concussions he got at Notre Dame?

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Why exactly is Bortuzzo working out so well for us? Not complaining, just looking for a technical hockey based explanation.

Lakewood

Nov 17, 2013
Why exactly is Bortuzzo working out so well for us? Not complaining, just looking for a technical hockey based explanation.

His pinches have been pretty good, he plays a fairly simple but physical game. He's tough on forwards in front of his net, and the best, best thing to me is he's standing guys up at the line, not backing in.

Oh, and he will punch you in the face without thinking twice if you take a cheap shot on his teammate.

Vujtek

Oct 7, 2007
I tried to find these posts, but didn't come across much. I guess Pens fans have a lot to be unhappy about right now.

We have 99 problems, but Ian Cole ain't one. He's been very solid for us recently, one of the bright spots on the team right now.

Seems like a trade both fan bases are happy with.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
From what I've seen Cole has been playing pretty well and Pens fans seem happy with him

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Cole was playing great when i watched soem of the pens game yesterday...but i'm very happy with Bortuzzo and think he's here to stay

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Cole was playing great when i watched soem of the pens game yesterday...but i'm very happy with Bortuzzo and think he's here to stay

Agreed, I was not happy about the trade at the time but Bortuzzo has proven me wrong so far, I'd be happy with bringing him back

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
All the Pens fans I know are happy with the Cole/Borts trade.

And I think it's safe to say more Blues fans are happy with it too. That's the sign of a good hockey trade. Both teams "won".

I'm glad we have Borts as he adds an element we were lacking but I'm also happy Cole got the change of scenery he needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad