OT: Cole & Honour's House of Fashion: Please take your loafers off at the door

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Oh no, it’s the black one

Oh yeah, then that's only 1080p. It might be worth it for you to get the Series S or Xbox One S to get the use out of your new TV and 4k/60fps. Series S is digital only so if you are fine with that then I'd get that. Since it's newer and should have better trade in. Or do you just pay the extra $200 and get the X. But since you don't have a TV for the X, you could wait a few years until you do and the price might come down or they release a better version. So many options to weigh.

Reactions: That1Kid

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Oh yeah, then that's only 1080p. It might be worth it for you to get the Series S or Xbox One S to get the use out of your new TV and 4k/60fps. Series S is digital only so if you are fine with that then I'd get that. Since it's newer and should have better trade in. Or do you just pay the extra $200 and get the X. But since you don't have a TV for the X, you could wait a few years until you do and the price might come down or they release a better version. So many options to weigh.

I just called a couple GameStops. It sounds like I can get $125 trade in value towards an Xbox S/X preorder on Tuesday via a promo expected to be announced (currently only offering like ~80 for each), but it sounds like the Xbox preorders are expected to run out on Tuesday. A lot of hoops to jump through to get the new system. Probably not worth it, although the scummy side of me kinda wants to buy the Series X for half off (after trade ins) flip it on eBay for like $800 if quantities are low and then just go back to the Xbox One after everyone has already traded in their old systems. :naughty:

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I just called a couple GameStops. It sounds like I can get $125 trade in value towards an Xbox S/X preorder on Tuesday via a promo expected to be announced (currently only offering like ~80 for each), but it sounds like the Xbox preorders are expected to run out on Tuesday. A lot of hoops to jump through to get the new system. Probably not worth it, although the scummy side of me kinda wants to buy the Series X for half off (after trade ins) flip it on eBay for like $800 if quantities are low and then just go back to the Xbox One after everyone has already traded in their old systems. :naughty:

$125 for one or both? For one of them I'd definitely do that. You still have a Xbox to play on. Then like you said you could try to flip it too.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Yup for one

tenor.gif

I don't see you getting more on Craiglist which is the best imo.

Reactions: That1Kid

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Well, my PS4 seems to be acting up. It was working fine, then we lost power for like a second, and now it won't completely turn on. It'll go blue light for a bit, then switch to a solid white light and do nothing else. The TV reads "no signal".

I'm not sure if it's a problem with the PS4, the TV or the HDMI cable that connects the two.

Iggy Smalls

Jun 6, 2010
So I think I decided I’m gonna sell both of my Xbox Ones (big flex, I know) on Ebay this weekend and use the proceeds to buy the Xbox Series X. It’s probably not worth it, but surprisingly I think there’s still a market for used Xbox Ones.

I'm a big fan of Swappa. I think it's much more efficient than Ebay and simpler.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Related: UK peeps, what the hell is up with the Yorkshire accent? One of my new students has a really strong one and I can only understand about 75% of what they're saying in our meetings.

And this is coming from someone who speaks Pittsburghese! :laugh:

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Related: UK peeps, what the hell is up with the Yorkshire accent? One of my new students has a really strong one and I can only understand about 75% of what they're saying in our meetings.

And this is coming from someone who speaks Pittsburghese! :laugh:
Each part of the UK will say that about another part. The thing I find with Yorkshire, being a Lancashire lass myself, is that all from Yorkshire shag sheep. It usually explains a lot with the White Rose county.

:D

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I basically just got offered a Fusion Engineer position in Seattle from a phone call with a hiring manager, but we both agreed that it made more sense for me to finish my Master's in Pittsburgh first and then move out to Seattle after I've finished.

I really hope the recruiting manager follows up with what he said about hiring for next year, I would really like this position and he seemed to really like me from the call. Are hiring managers genuine when they say stuff like that or do they just say that to not be a jerk? The company is looking to hire a lot of people, so there will be positions available.

Edit: when it rains it pours, just got a call about a position I applied for in San Diego :laugh:

Maybe I reacted too quickly when I didn't get immediate call backs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad