Prospect Info: Cole Caufield (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec
What kills me about his detractors, is everyone should see the improvements he's made from one year to the next. The stat-watchers don't seem to consider how much more faster, agile, and explosive he's shown to be. His sharp turns create a ton of space. He's dangerous with the puck through the neutral zone in a way that he wasn't before. While inconsistent in his new role, he's added dimensions to his game that are going to benefit him big time in the NHL, and all of this was clear after last Saturday's game.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

4 point night would have been nice. But still an excellent night.

Really will be interesting to see if he can be dominant at the world juniors.

Still Suzuki only did so much at the world juniors. So an elite performance at that tournament isn't a must.

Reactions: montreal

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
I’m actually not high on Cole Caufield. I don’t know if his game will transition to the NHL. His game looks to be scrabble at the moment. Not much of puck control. He needs to play with big forwards like Jesperi Kotkaniemi or Philip Danault as his center. The left winger must be a big forward but we don’t have that player yet. Someone like Todd Bertuzzi at his prime.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I’m actually not high on Cole Caufield. I don’t know if his game will transition to the NHL. His game looks to be scrabble at the moment. Not much of puck control. He needs to play with big forwards like Jesperi Kotkaniemi or Philip Danault as his center. The left winger must be a big forward but we don’t have that player yet. Someone like Todd Bertuzzi at his prime.

Caufield can also play LW as he spends most of his time there on the PP and by regularly per-mutating in the O-zone.

Caufield - Kotkaniemi - Anderson would be a great line. Anderson likes to carry the puck in swiftly towards the net, leaving a prime opportunity for Caufield to find open ice for a rebound, especially with KK rushing the net in support to draw more attention from opposing defenders.

Maybe coalfield - Kotkaniemi - Toffoli, with another shooter in Toffoli keeping defenders honest and preventing double teaming on Caufield..

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014

What leads you to the point on puck control? There are areas that leave you wanting, but every time I watch him I am more impressed with his hands and spatial awareness.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Anderson can play LW. Or, with Gallagher, anderson, Toffoli, and Armia in the fold, Caufield may play LW, opposite Anderson, Toffoli, or Armia on the right.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
nice goal but man he sure looks small out there.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
I don't know the league very well at all, seen a few games here and there but enough to count on one hand. I once got to interview the head scout for Cornell back in the day when I worked for HF and they did articles. He was on a scouting trip in the BCHL at the time and Cornell back then in the Ryan O'Byrne days were known for picking their big rugged BCHL defensmen. I remember him talking a bit about the league but since we don't often have a legit prospect play there, I haven't paid it any attention.

Honestly its 2 steps down from the WHL, at best.

Reactions: montreal

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
He will look small anywhere; that is not new.

he falls easy, guess that's what I meant. He can sure dangle, sweet hands, puck is glued to the stick. Confusing prospect. If he was 5'11 190 I'd be a homer.

Reactions: Geecko

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Wow I picked a bad game to skip, I figured after last night it would be another snoozer

Crazy Wisconsin only scored 3 and our 2 prospects both had 3 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad