Prospect Info: Cole Caufield (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
People talk about Caufield pretty like if he would be the next Kane which is honestly ridiculous.

the player he gets comped to the most is DeBrincat, both undersized snipers. I could see Caufield putting up 30-40 goals in the NHL but he's going to have his issues as well as he is not strong and his defensive game needs work and more effort. Julien won't likely be a big fan imo but the kid has one of the best shots i've ever seen, his release is just sick. What that turns into is anyone's guess at this point.

That said if a team like NJ or LA gets 1st OA and wants him in a package for 1st OA, I would certainly consider it if I were MB depending on where we pick and what the cost ends up.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
the player he gets comped to the most is DeBrincat, both undersized snipers. I could see Caufield putting up 30-40 goals in the NHL but he's going to have his issues as well as he is not strong and his defensive game needs work and more effort. Julien won't likely be a big fan imo but the kid has one of the best shots i've ever seen, his release is just sick. What that turns into is anyone's guess at this point.

That said if a team like NJ or LA gets 1st OA and wants him in a package for 1st OA, I would certainly consider it if I were MB depending on where we pick and what the cost ends up.

Well said.

You can nag on Cole for anything g you want, but at the same time, if you can't admit he has one of the best shots you've ever seen, then I can't listen to your nags. Because at that point, you're just blind hating. And you haven't watched his videos, which is the least you could do.

Reactions: montreal

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Curious, do you see Caufield signing right after his season has ended considering Wisconsin isn't have a great season? Or do you think he waits till the off season?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Nice. Well see him rushed and maybe get a concussion or two. Seems smart.

Well MB and smart are not two things I would put together in a sentence but you know MB will rush him 100% so that maybe we can make the playoffs next year. We are talking about a GM who's idea of development is calling up a 20 year old center that was just benched in the AHL and a 20 year old goalie that just gave up 14 goals in 3 games. I mean why wouldn't you call up 20 year olds when they doing so great like that. It's like some new kind of development, where you don't think about it, just say f*** it and do whatever you feel like. A very bold and forward thinking approach by the brain trust I must say.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Watching the game tonight. Nothing wild to say so far but my god he looks like a goal scorer. Such a sneaky smart player.

The game has been boring, Wisconsin sits in last place in the Big Ten and doesn't look like they will be leaving the basement any time soon.

The coach for Minnesota is Poehling's former coach at SCSU in his first 2 years. Pitlick will be joining them next season.

Reactions: David Suzuki

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
The game has been boring, Wisconsin sits in last place in the Big Ten and doesn't look like they will be leaving the basement any time soon.

The coach for Minnesota is Poehling's former coach at SCSU in his first 2 years. Pitlick will be joining them next season.

Is there much year to year turnover/changearound in the NCAA?

If Caufield were to stay another year is it likely Wisconson is still bad?

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

Thats a very valid point. If you don't have confidence in Wisconsin coaching staff and his development next year, it might be better to sign him and let him develop with Joel Bouchard in the AHL.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Caufield picks up an assist, his 28th pt of the season

yes a fair amount depending on how many upperclassmen (Junior/Seniors) and NHL draft picks you have on your team.

Wisconsin needs a good bit of help on defense and in net but it's hard to say how a team as young as theirs will progress next year. I would be shocked if Caufield is there. I hope he is but I don't see it.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Yamamoto has been fire since he's been called up, I think those two are similarly sized fellas

Yam 5-8 158
Caufield 5-7 162

Yamomoto played WHL in his d+1 and AHL in his d+2. Looks to be a NHL regular in his D+3

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Yamamoto has been fire since he's been called up, I think those two are similarly sized fellas

Yam 5-8 158
Caufield 5-7 162

Yamomoto played WHL in his d+1 and AHL in his d+2. Looks to be a NHL regular in his D+3
Yup. I can see Caufield getting the last couple of games with the Habs as a way of congratulating him on a great season, another season or 2 in the AHL and NHL regular after that.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013

Yam 5-8 158
Caufield 5-7 162

Yamomoto is playing in the Top 6 with RNH and Drai in a great position to be successful where he can play to his strengths
CJ will have Caufield next to Cousins and Thompson and bench/scratch him when he's not contributing

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
They lost 4-2 but he contributed to both goals lol, love that

He's already proven to me he will at worst be a 30 goal man, just remains to be seen if he can become a 40, 50 goal man, or a gallagher replacement, which both is okay really

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
They lost 4-2 but he contributed to both goals lol, love that

He's already proven to me he will at worst be a 30 goal man, just remains to be seen if he can become a 40, 50 goal man, or a gallagher replacement, which both is okay really
He'll score, but he will never bring the game Gallagher brings every shift.

I think he can be a first line winger, but will need to be with talented/gritty players that feeds him the puck/retrieve puck for him if he wants to be not only effective on the rush/in transition/on the PP.

Reactions: montreal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad