Prospect Info: Cole Caufield Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The common criticism of Caufield was ''he won't be able to do that at a higher level.'' Well, there's one more level, evidently, at which he can ''do that.'' One more to go.

Can he even be reliably stopped from scoring at the NCAA level?

Big jump to NCAA this year and still producing without Hughes! What a steal at 15th!

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
2 gpg so far theres at least 10 nhl teams loooking at their draft board and being like wtf did we do.
Buffalo, Vancouver, Edmonton, Philly, FLA, ARI and Anaheim gotta be feeling like crying.

Detroit too, how good would they look with Caufield and Dobson instead of Zadina and Seider?

Also, gotta laugh at Edmonton missing out on Caufield and Heinola to draft Broberg.

Reactions: habsfan891

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Buffalo, Vancouver, Edmonton, Philly, FLA, ARI and Anaheim gotta be feeling like crying.

Detroit too, how good would they look with Caufield and Dobson instead of Zadina and Seider?

Also, gotta laugh at Edmonton missing out on Caufield and Heinola to draft Broberg.

I wish we would’ve moved up to draft Heinola as well as Caufield, those were my two guys at 15 but I never expected Caufield to be there.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I think he'll join us after we're already competitive and built up a bit. Imagine 24yo Kotka being his C? So much to look forward to.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Are you under the impression the Montreal Canadiens are the only team in the NHL who follow this sort of Rookie protocol by chance?

Assuming that an elite of the elite prospect is the same as all rookies is the first mistake. Compare Kotkaniemi and Caufield to the actual world breaking prospects, not the 3rd line plugs.

Id say yeah, pretty close.

KFlint

Sep 27, 2010
He should end up with more goals than Oliver « elite shot » Wahlstrom scored last year. 4 more goals in 34 games, you can do it Cole! ;)

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
going to be a great goal-scorer BUT habs need to find some big wingers who are going to be able to dish. KK and poehling help as their size and play-making ability are desperately needed, but draft a winger like lafreniere (i'm dreaming) and habs are contenders very soon

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
First off that was just insane to watch, not just Caufield but Wisconsin was losing that game 3-2 and then scored 6 f***ing goals in just over 10 minutes, think about how many hockey games you might have to watch to see that happen in a game. Now Merrimack is not a very good team and the poor goalies were getting smoked as they gave up 11 goals on just 26 shots. There goes your save %, damn.

Would never have expected Caufield to get 5 pts in his first 2 games, no Wisconsin player has ever had back to back 2 goal games to start their NCAA career from what I read somewhere. That is crazy that he could score 4 goals with 2 of the against what is expected to be one of the top goalies in the NCAA this year. Granted Merrimack might not even be a top 50 team in the NCAA (out of 60).

Next weekend is a big time test, the biggest he likely will face all year in the NCAA as the home opener is vs UMD, a team that is trying to become the 1st team to ever win back to back to back NCAA National Championships (coached by former Hab Scott Sandelin, a 2nd round pick by us in '82) They have a very good defense or did last year and the goaltending. So should be a very good match up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad