Player Discussion Cole Caufield - Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Guest here hi!.

Cole Caufield this season, so far, in all competitions, as 19 & 20 year old.

Games : 63
Goals : 42
Assists : 32
PPG : 1.17
SOG : 217
+/ : +9
PIM : 8

Not bad.

He's kind like Gaudreau. Not exactly the same but he's a good one!

Skating: Awesome!
Shot: Amazing!
Vision: Very good
Passing: Amazing as well!
Hockey IQ: Top notch

Size and Strength: His hockey IQ overcomes it

giphy.gif

ghost85875

Apr 9, 2021
He's kind like Gaudreau. Not exactly the same but he's a good one!

Skating: Awesome!
Shot: Amazing!
Vision: Very good
Passing: Amazing as well!
Hockey IQ: Top notch

Size and Strength: His hockey IQ overcomes it

giphy.gif

I'd argue that Gaudreau is small, weak, doesn't have much of a drive and has a Ribeiro-like attitude, as opposed to Caufield who is small, strong, has a solid drive and a good character.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'd argue that Gaudreau is small, weak, doesn't have much of a drive and has a Ribeiro-like attitude, as opposed to Caufield who is small, strong, has a solid drive and a good character.

No two players are alike. I just feel Caufield can reach his offensive potential from what we have seen so far.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
If GM's called and offered their 2019 draft pick to MB one for one, is there anyone you would trade CC for?

I said in a re-draft he would go top 3 or 5 at worst, but not sure there's anyone I would risk trading him for one for one.
No. Caufield is already a top 3 in my mind. Thats a dinosaur league for the most part of GM. His small stature been a weakness sure, but pretty sure we will see in the futur, some guy at 5ft7 will be select in the top 5 if stats are there like caufield had.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I'm just impressed with how he constantly comes off the boards with the puck vs guys twice his size. I was always worried about him getting killed along the wall but he's doing just fine.
Lower center of gravity. Let him mature and get a little more muscle and he should be even better at it. Look at a guy like Fleury who did it his whole career and while playing during a time when the mentality was bigger is better and trap, hooking etc was a big part of the game.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I’m still trying to think of a player with that shot accuracy and release. I’m not suggesting he’s a generational talent, but holy shit! His shot is truly unbelievable.

Reactions: Gains

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
Lower center of gravity. Let him mature and get a little more muscle and he should be even better at it. Look at a guy like Fleury who did it his whole career and while playing during a time when the mentality was bigger is better and trap, hooking etc was a big part of the game.
Fleury, what a player. Imagine a mix of Caufield and Gallagher. That's Fleury for ya.

I may as well add St-Louis, this guy had sequoïas as thighs.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Hard to believe he wasnt even dressed for the first couple games against Leafs. I havent been that excited in a habs prospect in a long time.

You know when they say “prospect X is going to be the next Lucic, Datsyuk, Lidstrom or whatever” ? Caufield’s ceiling doesnt exist. He might become the first of his own kind.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
He's got a hockey IQ of a generational talent, He knows exactly what he will do, before even getting the puck.

And this is why I went there with him being better than Cammy.

People don't seem to realize even before the goals in this series how bat shit crazy it was he was getting the amount of chances/odd-man rushes he was getting. It was noted but I don't think people truly appreciated how hard that is in the playoffs let alone a barely 20 year old who only had a handful of NHL games under his belt. If he had Byron speed and the skills of a 4th liner than sure, who cares but that was/is simply not the case. But the amount of chances he generated was a huge shock even to me. Didn't see that coming at least not this soon. More specifically the odd man rushes/breakaways. Revelatory.

I still don't think people quite get how good he is/can be. I said he'd be the crown jewel of our org when we drafted him. More recently I said he can be a top 10 forward in this league. He is showing a lot of crazy signs of making that a reality. If he had the shot of a 20 goal scorer, I'd still be doing backflips over this kid. But the fact is he has a shot that rivals the best of the best? Are you kidding me?

Reactions: Hansman and Sagikev

Kent Nilsson

Jan 31, 2016
If GM's called and offered their 2019 draft pick to MB one for one, is there anyone you would trade CC for?

I said in a re-draft he would go top 3 or 5 at worst, but not sure there's anyone I would risk trading him for one for one.

Better not push this exercise too far cause I could throw some crazy names I wouldnt trade him for right now.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I'm honestly thrilled, with Suzuki and Caufield, it feels a little bit like we have our very own Toews and Kane, you get players like this together and the other players flock to be near them. We could be staring down the barrel here of a decade of offensive flair from these two

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Better not push this exercise too far cause I could throw some crazy names I wouldnt trade him for right now.

I'm glad someone's going even further than I'm willing to go or at least as far haha. He's only going to get better which seems insane. If he works on that straight line speed, he'll be virtually unstoppable. When I see his goals in slow motion, it's insane how the puck just vaults off his stick.

I think 90-100 pts is wholly doable. *gulps* I think he can even do more.

Kent Nilsson

Jan 31, 2016
I'm glad someone's going even further than I'm willing to go or at least as far haha. He's only going to get better which seems insane. If he works on that straight line speed, he'll be virtually unstoppable. When I see his goals in slow motion, it's insane how the puck just vaults off his stick.

I think 90-100 pts is wholly doable. *gulps* I think he can even do more

Heh Im not going there yet. I feel crazy for thinking 40 goals.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
DeBrincat could be the next Caufield :naughty:

CC will be the second coming of prime Cammy. And perhaps even more.....

Steal? Grand larceny.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Heh Im not going there yet. I feel crazy for thinking 40 goals.

He's put up Herculean numbers wherever he goes. I've been super bullish on him the whole time and he's somehow exceeding my expectations of him so far. By quite a bit. I can't emphasize enough how insane it is he's getting the amount of odd man rushes/breakaways he's getting at this stage of his career...in the playoffs. It changes everything for me.

Him being this good this quick screams limitless ceiling. I'll stop with this before I'm banned forever...I don't think he's that far off being a generational talent.

*runs out of hf boards forever*

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I'm a little annoyed when people compare Caufield to Cammalleri as I find Caufield way more talented than Cammalleri ever was. The thing with Cammalleri is that although he did have a great shot, for the most part, he wasn't consistent. He was clutch though, I'll give him that. He actually only got more than 30 goals twice in his career, although he often didn't play the full 82 games schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad