GDT: Cold as Ice: Your New Jersey Devils (11-14-7) @ Columbus Blue Jackets (18-12-3), 7 PM, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
This season is sunk anyway, the amount of losses is irrelevant to me at this point. It’s now a matter of evaluating who should/shouldn’t be back next year and focusing on the bright spots & development of our younger players.

What we saw from Blackwood tonight was extrenely encouraging, especially behind such a shoddy defence and lackluster team effort. He may be closer to NHL ready than we think.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
You wanted a guy who has trouble moving the puck out of our end to play more minutes in a game where no one on the NJD could even escape their own end? What’s the matter with you?
I mean better then leaving wide open backdoor plays open.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Nah, it's because we've let in 57 goals in the past 14 games (not counting SO goals) and someone has to be on the ice for those goals.

And you know who is most likely to be on the ice for a goal? Guys who get a lot of ice time.

FYI..........it's GA/60.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well, not really. I dont want this moronic coaching staff to do what they did last year. Which was give him 21+ minutes of top pairing time with a **** partner...then banish him to the AHL.

I agree but 12 isn't really going to do anything either...14-15 with maybe a PK shift thrown in there would be fine. Especially in what's becoming a developmental season again.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Positive: Santini, Blackwood x 5.
Negative: the rest

non existing: Severson and Vatanen
No way Santini was anything better than neutral tonight. Blackwood was the only positive. Zacha has a nice game, I thought. Need more offense from him but he was awesome on the PK. I’d accept him as a positive.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
No way Santini was anything better than neutral tonight. Blackwood was the only positive. Zacha has a nice game, I thought. Need more offense from him but he was awesome on the PK. I’d accept him as a positive.
I mean sure, he was still our best defenseman today.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
I actually think Santini did play fine tonight. This type of role is the role that he could have a future at

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
This season is sunk anyway, the amount of losses is irrelevant to me at this point. It’s now a matter of evaluating who should/shouldn’t be back next year and focusing on the bright spots & development of our younger players.

What we saw from Blackwood tonight was extrenely encouraging, especially behind such a shoddy defence and lackluster team effort. He may be closer to NHL ready than we think.

Which is exactly why this staff needs to go.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Won't lie, this team is pretty depressing. From top to bottom too. GM, Coach, to Players

And pretty much the only difference is -Moore, -GeoffWard/+Kowalski/+Grier, -Gibbons

Everyone else is the same for all practical purposes. Vat is one concussion later.

What in the f*** happened.............. !!

Reactions: Jets012
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad