GDT: Cold as Ice: Your New Jersey Devils (11-14-7) @ Columbus Blue Jackets (18-12-3), 7 PM, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Ok. You're crazy bc the goalie was actually good tonight, he robbed multiple goals.
He wasn’t tested much before the 3rd period and wasn’t challenged even once before the 2nd. The Miles Wood breakaway in the 1st was a routine save for him. Every shot is routine from Wood. That’s why he’s shooting at like 4% and I bet you don’t even notice that he gets 5 SOG’s in some of these games.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Did you forget the Leafs game a few days ago.
This one was even worse. Team looked like they were trying early in the game. The puck just wasn’t hitting Kinker as much as it hit Mack Black tonight and the Leafs can take you out of a game pretty fast this year with their firepower. This game looked as ugly as any of the games against TBL. Score was just flattered by the man in the mask tonight.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Greene is getting 20+ minues a night. He has more of an impact on the game than most on this team.

He caused the 2nd goal against because he is slow and bad, got burned badly then hooked Atkinson, which gave them the penalty shot, which they scored on and what was the game winner.

Greene has been really bad, i agree on probably every account, but to my original point to what has changed this season. 1 year older greene and minus those other guys really will sink this team? I don't see how that is rations out, which is why I'm really perplexed how hard this team has fallen. Yeah we probably overachieved last season to some degree, but we shouldn't be THIS BAD. Even with coaching this guy Hynes should have refined his system moreso and the existing roster should be able to refine their game around it.

Defense is bad, timings are bad, offense has literally no finish. This team is missing some guys who can bury the puck, reliably. It's a lot down to finishing your chances and this team is not. Some of it seems like some bad luck, but its every damn game. Maybe they should work on their offensive drills, or shots or I have no idea, just poor execution in key moments.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Why the MSG crew fail to even show a replay of what happened to Mojo. What's with this internal censor.

It looked like he got hit awwkardly in the corner (from the live look), and then no one went back to that. Or he got slashed or something.

Either he hurt his wrist/hand something? Anyone get a better look on another feed?

Camille the Eel

Blackwood’s reaction saves were impressive. The quickness and flexibility with his legs. He has good basic facility. He gave us a chance to win a game we could easily have been out of, should have been out of probably.

Bobrovsky had a great 3d period against us but was also lucky. Or we didn’t have any puck luck or we would have canned a second goal. Really should have.

They are such a big, strong team. Almost play a neutral ice trap and stand up at your blue line when you try to exit the zone. You can outskate them if you can get those first couple of passes to break the trap. They are slow. We finally did a bit of that in the 3d period but they were also sitting back a bit.

Blackwood should not face them again. Keith starts the next two I think.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
The PP really sucks, and it's sinking this team. Yet Shero is a okay with this staff, which pisses me off and makes me question him and how long he should be left as the GM if he refuses to address clear problems, like the staff.

Camille the Eel

He wasn’t tested much before the 3rd period and wasn’t challenged even once before the 2nd. The Miles Wood breakaway in the 1st was a routine save for him. Every shot is routine from Wood. That’s why he’s shooting at like 4% and I bet you don’t even notice that he gets 5 SOG’s in some of these games.
Oh God, Wood, don’t get me started. Goes in too deep every time he gets in that situation, always has from day one. No hands. No brain. Threw the puck away aimlessly half a dozen times tonight. Good when he creates a little havoc and really that’s the only thing he’s good at.

Reactions: Bleedred

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Oh God, Wood, don’t get me started. Goes in too deep every time he gets in that situation, always has from day one. No hands. No brain. Threw the puck away aimlessly half a dozen times tonight. Good when he creates a little havoc and really that’s the only thing he’s good at.

He's got Pando hands. at least when he's anywhere but near the crease. Somehow in tight around net he looks like his hands are good.

Guy moves faster than his brain can process the play.....unfortunately. I like his spirit, but the puck is jumping all over the place when its on or near his stick.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
They should ask him about Damon Severson Orr'ish play and Vatanen playing like an ECHL defender

vatenan is awful its no coincidence they won a couple games with him out of the lineup... for that matter i think taylor halls play has been a net negative ... his puck protection and careless offsets any points he obtains...

blackwood looked really good.. i thought santini deserves another game.. i thought the 4th line played well as did zacha....

wood
hall
vatenan
severson

were all trash.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Instead of saying Wood has a 3% or 4% shooting percentage, from now I'm gonna say that Wood has a 96% or 97% failure to get wood/ED percentage.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
The PP really sucks, and it's sinking this team. Yet Shero is a okay with this staff, which pisses me off and makes me question him and how long he should be left as the GM if he refuses to address clear problems, like the staff.

why vatenan remains on the pp is one of the great mysteries of coaching that man should be nowhere near the pp... i recognize this team has limited options on pp #2 but he shouldn't be there would rather have lovejoy than vats on pp

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Santini has been fine as a 15-16 minute defenseman.

It's when he plays more than that where he really gets in trouble and starts to get crushed and stuck on a glue trap in the D-zone.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Instead of saying Wood has a 3% or 4% shooting percentage, from now I'm gonna say that Wood has a 96% or 97% failure to get wood/ED percentage.

this team is built so so poorly there is not semblance of a well balanced hockey team...its all just fast paced chaos typical USA hockey where its do whatever just do it fast ...it doesn't work great all the time

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Call me crazy, but I almost think Torts told his team to turtle in this one. That's how bad we were early in the game.

He had better things to do than listen to Hynes call him up and reach out for some soul searching, especially over the holidays.

And we lost in the end, so Hynes is probably gonna call him anyway.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
this team is built so so poorly there is not semblance of a well balanced hockey team...its all just fast paced chaos typical USA hockey where its do whatever just do it fast ...it doesn't work great all the time
The guy was good last year, but he's a ghost this year.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Why the MSG crew fail to even show a replay of what happened to Mojo. What's with this internal censor.

It looked like he got hit awwkardly in the corner (from the live look), and then no one went back to that. Or he got slashed or something.

Either he hurt his wrist/hand something? Anyone get a better look on another feed?
We got a replay over here at the time. He took a hit in the corner up against the boards and immediately grimaced, and was so slow to move from there that the play came out, and came back in but was whistled offside 'cause he was still halfway in the zone. Didn't hear what it was, but he looked to me like he was favoring his left side. Hope he's OK.

(Also, impressive debut by Blackwood tonight, y'all.)

Reactions: Bleedred

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Greene has been really bad, i agree on probably every account, but to my original point to what has changed this season. 1 year older greene and minus those other guys really will sink this team? I don't see how that is rations out, which is why I'm really perplexed how hard this team has fallen. Yeah we probably overachieved last season to some degree, but we shouldn't be THIS BAD. Even with coaching this guy Hynes should have refined his system moreso and the existing roster should be able to refine their game around it.

Defense is bad, timings are bad, offense has literally no finish. This team is missing some guys who can bury the puck, reliably. It's a lot down to finishing your chances and this team is not. Some of it seems like some bad luck, but its every damn game. Maybe they should work on their offensive drills, or shots or I have no idea, just poor execution in key moments.

they can't lessen greens ice time... sadly he is still better than most on this roster night in and night out... severson and vatenen make dumb plays.. butcher can't skate.. LJ is LJ and santini is too slow to play top 4 minutes... so that leaves greene.... this defense is all on shero... no way they should have went into this season with this miserable crop of backliners.. they really do stink back there..

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Santini has been fine as a 15-16 minute defenseman.

It's when he plays more than that where he really gets in trouble and starts to get crushed and stuck on a glue trap in the D-zone.
yeah he is steady he probably can't do top 4 d with his wheels. this defense is loaded with 4-6 guys...

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
We got a replay over here at the time. He took a hit in the corner up against the boards and immediately grimaced, and was so slow to move from there that the play came out, and came back in but was whistled offside 'cause he was still halfway in the zone. Didn't hear what it was, but he looked to me like he was favoring his left side. Hope he's OK.

(Also, impressive debut by Blackwood tonight, y'all.)

All right, thanks for that detail. Don't know how we didn't get a replay in game, or if i just missed it. Sort of resonates with what I saw live on TV. Probably a shoulder or wrist, hope its not a concussion.....

Yes Blackwood looked like he's been in NHL for some time, good game for him, too bad our team just did the usual...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad