GDT: Cold as Ice: Your New Jersey Devils (11-14-7) @ Columbus Blue Jackets (18-12-3), 7 PM, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
So, the more I watch, the more I'm convinced that we are just in a cycle of:
Dmen can't skate with the puck.
When they do, they never follow the play so we don't attack as 5 man unit.
They never follow the play because our forwards turn it over at the blue line, catching them in breakaways.

Even if they hang back, their poor reads, poor gap control and poor stickwork means the puck will end up in the net anyway.

We have become versatile in the ways which we can be scored upon.

Reactions: Maine Fan

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
I think you give Keith Ottawa tomorrow and then go right back to Blackwood on Sunday against the Jackets
For sure. I see no reason to start him two nights in a row. That’s a lot to ask of him. We’re at the stage of the season where it’s entirely pointless to play any G on consecutive nights.

Reactions: glenwo2

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
I think you give Keith Ottawa tomorrow and then go right back to Blackwood on Sunday against the Jackets
Well it was already announced before the game that kk has tomorrow. I dont think blackwood gets Sunday, but the coach does do dumb things

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Hynes already had said Keith was playing tomorrow night, usually he doesn't announce the goalies in advance but he commited to the split already.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
And pretty much the only difference is -Moore, -GeoffWard/+Kowalski/+Grier, -Gibbons

Everyone else is the same for all practical purposes. Vat is one concussion later.

What in the **** happened.............. !!

Greene another year older, slower, and shittier.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
I doubt he is, wedge looked better coming up then he did. He had a good game, made solid saves. Some here and on Twitter are saying hes better then both kk and cory after 1 game. which simply isnt true.
Good point on Wedgewood. Scott Clemmensen had a shutout in his first start in the big league. I think it is true that he’s better than Cory is now. Schneids was completely unplayable. And it looks like his career is ending.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Greene another year older, slower, and ****tier.

The kids should be better, at least some of them, one year later. Mueller, Bratt, Nico, Zacha...whomever. it should balance out to some degree.

It shouldn't go to shit just on Greene, and I'm one of his bigger detractors this season.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I'm getting sick of various people (TV guys, reporters, players, coaches) saying the other team's goalie was "great" tonight.

Call me crazy, but maybe that's not quite correct.

Reactions: glenwo2

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Goalies are so hard to peg. Who knows? He may very well just take this opportunity and run with it and never get sent back down again. Too early to tell but I'm fishing for any kind of optimism at this point

He will be sent down again... this so far has been his only good stretch since being in the system. We've seen hes really really bad when hes not on his game. I think we just got lucky and used him during a good run for him. He just needs time to improve his consistancy.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
You wanted a guy who has trouble moving the puck out of our end to play more minutes in a game where no one on the NJD could even escape their own end? What’s the matter with you?
I'd prefer it to a guy who just passes it to the other team. Or spins in circles in front of the net or falls on our goalie, or can no longer keep up with gameplay. Yeah. A defenseman who can play defense.

Don't worry he will be scratched like our only other capable dman.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
I'm getting sick of various people (TV guys, reporters, players, coaches) saying the other team's goalie was "great" tonight.

Call me crazy, but maybe that's not quite correct.

Ok. You're crazy bc the goalie was actually good tonight, he robbed multiple goals.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
The defense has been worse tonight (including Severson) than any game in the last couple weeks, so I don't wanna hear your bull**** that it's the defense and not the goaltending.
Sarcasm?
It is the defense, and not the goaltending. Has been the last few years now. Ruined Schneider's career.

Reactions: Maine Fan

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Ok. You're crazy bc the goalie was actually good tonight, he robbed multiple goals.

It's more than just 1 game, it's every loss.

Even tonight, Bob had 2 or 3 great saves. That's it. Bob had to play ONE period.

The Devils had 9 shots on goal 1/2-way through the game!

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
The kids should be better, at least some of them, one year later. Mueller, Bratt, Nico, Zacha...whomever. it should balance out to some degree.

It shouldn't go to **** just on Greene, and I'm one of his bigger detractors this season.

Greene is getting 20+ minues a night. He has more of an impact on the game than most on this team.

He caused the 2nd goal against because he is slow and bad, got burned badly then hooked Atkinson, which gave them the penalty shot, which they scored on and what was the game winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad