Confirmed Trade: [COL/WSH] Andre Burakovsky for Scott Kosmachuk, 2020 2nd, and 2020 ARI 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Sometimes you just have to too many players who do the same things and if one player is even just slightly worse than another player at that aspect, he's the one who gets not only demoted but traded off the team.

I'm pretty happy Sakic got three underutilized players (Kadri, Burakovsky, Donskoi) that has been a big help through this injury stretch.

Sakic has done an incredible job rebalancing the team.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Sometimes you just have to too many players who do the same things and if one player is even just slightly worse than another player at that aspect, he's the one who gets not only demoted but traded off the team.

I'm pretty happy Sakic got three underutilized players (Kadri, Burakovsky, Donskoi) that has been a big help through this injury stretch.
Here’s what’s sad and possibly notable about that. The only one of those players who should historically be counted on to come up big in big moments in the POs is Burakovsky so I’d say you’re in a heap of trouble.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Here’s what’s sad and possibly notable about that. The only one of those players who should historically be counted on to come up big in big moments in the POs is Burakovsky so I’d say you’re in a heap of trouble.
We have a few big game players haha I don’t see a “heap” of trouble on the horizon.

boz

Jan 20, 2004

..i seem to think the Avs and fans remember donskoi ending up with a kinda important goal last year..

Reactions: avsfan09

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
We have a few big game players haha I don’t see a “heap” of trouble on the horizon.
Have those heap of big game players won anything in their careers?

I wouldn’t call any of the AVs big game risers. Tom Wilson has a better demonstrated ability to raise his game when it counts i.e. than any of those AVs players. Kadri and Donskoi? Please.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Yeah there are no other forwards on the Avalanche who've ever done anything in the playoffs. Behave.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Neutral fan here

Dumb take

You probably weren’t making this argument against Ovy when he was the biggest choking dog going for a decade and a half!

Chances are those guys accomplish something earlier in their personal timeline than he ever did

PS- Stock > Peat ;)

Goulet17

May 22, 2003

I seem to recall Donskoi having a pretty big moment in the Stanley Cup Finals a few years ago. As others have mentioned, it might be a different story if the Avs planned to count on that trio of players to carry the load, but they are secondary players that will be counted on to support players like MacKinnon, Rantanen, Landeskog, and Makar.

howboutahug

Mar 20, 2018
Rocky Mountains
Have those heap of big game players won anything in their careers?

I wouldn’t call any of the AVs big game risers. Tom Wilson has a better demonstrated ability to raise his game when it counts i.e. than any of those AVs players. Kadri and Donskoi? Please.

Forget about one of the best big game players in the game in MacKinnon?

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Neutral fan here

Dumb take

You probably weren’t making this argument against Ovy when he was the biggest choking dog going for a decade and a half!

Chances are those guys accomplish something earlier in their personal timeline than he ever did

PS- Stock > Peat ;)
Peat
Wow your whole post is like a wet fart.

1 - If you ever thought Ovi was a choking dog you’re a fool and not worth my time. The Caps? Sure. Alex Ovechkin? Think again.

2 - Given historical precendent, chances “those guys” accomplish ANYTHING earlier in their personal timeline than Ovechkin ever did are FEW, FAR BETWEEN, and JUST PLAIN NOT HAPPENING.

3 - Peat > Stock.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
This isn't a productive discussion anymore. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot