GDT: COL @ VAN: Grudge Match (10:30p ET)

Stallone or DeNiro?

• Stallone

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • DeNiro

Votes: 44 62.0%

• Total voters

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Man, I don't know which I would like to rewatch the least. Staying Alive or Rhinestone.

Screw it, I'll watch the Avs win tonight instead!

iu

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Shutout win. 3-0 for mine. We are The AVS, after all. Anyone else is just roadkill.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I wonder at what point before the game does MacKinnon just start staring at Georgiev in the locker-room mouthing, "Don't f*** this up, do NOT f*** this up."

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I wonder at what point before the game does MacKinnon just start staring at Georgiev in the locker-room mouthing, "Don't f*** this up, do NOT f*** this up."

I feel like Nate has been subtly coaching Georgiev mentally all year. Both him and Bedsy seem like they choose their words about him intentionally.

Both make an effort to be complimentary and sound like they have his back of him when he plays well, but during the same answer they also seem like they intentionally try to say something to keep him from feeling like he can rest on his laurels.

Nate has said some version of "we're gonna need him" many times this year and Bedsy has done similar.

I think Bedsy started off with a more tough love approach but seemed to abandon that. Probably a wise move. Georgie seems like a guy motivated by support not with tough love.

Arch angel

Nov 24, 2023
Montana
Need the Avs to show up who can play with the lead - not the ones who spot them 4 and need to scratch back in. I think mitts and boys will show some good stuff tonight. Every “M” player of ours gets a point tonight … including jMfj.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Going to the game tonight - should be a good one. Get to see the new guys, top 2 scoring D, MacK putting up new point totals. Important points on the line and the boys have found a new gear post deadline. Much excite!!

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I feel like Nate has been subtly coaching Georgiev mentally all year. Both him and Bedsy seem like they choose their words about him intentionally.

Both make an effort to be complimentary and sound like they have his back of him when he plays well, but during the same answer they also seem like they intentionally try to say something to keep him from feeling like he can rest on his laurels.

Nate has said some version of "we're gonna need him" many times this year and Bedsy has done similar.

I think Bedsy started off with a more tough love approach but seemed to abandon that. Probably a wise move. Georgie seems like a guy motivated by support not with tough love.
Yeah, but Nate doesn't strike me as a nurturer. He's more of, "Do your f***ing job!" kind of guy. Especially when Landy isn't sitting right next to him.:laugh:

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
What program do you use because everything I've found won't generate anything trademarked
I just use Bing image creator. I think it's called Copilot. They give you like 20 free a day.

Reactions: TanguaySauce

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yeah, but Nate doesn't strike me as a nurturer. He's more of, "Do your f***ing job!" kind of guy. Especially when Landy isn't sitting right next to him.:laugh:

For sure, but I think he's mellowed a bit recently. Especially in Landy's absence. They've needed a more positive motivator and I think he's done that a bit this year.

We've heard talk of how he's been vocally positive cheering on guys when they get back from shifts, and Keefe said they saw him give Mitts a big hug and introduce himself in the locker room in a really nice moment that showed a side of Nate we don't see often.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad