Confirmed with Link: COL trades Barrie(50% retained)/Kerfoot/2020 6th to TOR for Kadri/Rosen/2020 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I do wonder how that's going to play out with a coach like Babcock. Babs isn't a huge stickler about d-men jumping into the play but some of the wandering in Tyson's game may not sit well with him.
That would be awful and would cost Tys millions of dollars on his next contract

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Is Toronto just slow or what? I've never considered Barrie a speedstar, he's a good skater but never thought he was particularly fast.

Look who you're posting, Simmonds is the Genesis of Mike Chambers and Larry Brooks ****bag journalists.

With that said, Barrie is a solid skater.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I would think Rielly is faster than Barrie, but Barrie has that new guy smell to him.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I'd be fine with that. I know there are some loonies but most every Leafs fan I've met and befriended is perfectly rational. I've found more conflict within Avs fandom (not anyone here though) than I have anywhere else.

In fact, I'd be more than fine with that. That'd be fun as all hell to see Matthews and MacKinnon go at it, Barrie and Makar, etc. So much speed and skill on display...yikes.

I am a Leafs fan and that posters concern is not unfounded. There are more loony posters on HF than sane Leaf fans for sure

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I am a Leafs fan and that posters concern is not unfounded. There are more loony posters on HF than sane Leaf fans for sure

It's simple math:

1- Leafs have a huge fanbase
2- Even if you keep the same % of bad posters as any other fanbase, more fans = more bad posters
3- Bad posters tend to be loud

So there are way more Leafs bad posters on HF than, say, Carolina bad posters.

I guarantee that the Leaf fanbase also has more knowledgeable hockey fans than any other fanbase (except maybe Montreal's who's equally big).

That said, f*** your weak ass GM. :thumbd:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Well, there are more loony posters on HF overall than sane ones, which is why I rarely venture outside the confines of this forum.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
It's simple math:

1- Leafs have a huge fanbase
2- Even if you keep the same % of bad posters as any other fanbase, more fans = more bad posters
3- Bad posters tend to be loud

So there are way more Leafs bad posters on HF than, say, Carolina bad posters.

I guarantee that the Leaf fanbase also has more knowledgeable hockey fans than any other fanbase (except maybe Montreal's who's equally big).

That said, **** your weak ass GM. :thumbd:
I think the hysterical Toronto media and the tendency of stat whackers to go full Boyle over any GM with an analytics pedigree contribute to that.

That said, I don’t think the Leaf fan base is nearly as carried away as they were when blowhard Brian Burke took them along for his ego trip.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
50111788-D4DB-452E-8540-37ED1B9C8AA8.jpeg

:(

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Tyson is still an Av. I don't give a ****, he'll never be a stinking Maple Leaf for me.

I'm going to cling to the idea he signs here as a UFA until he does not.

Watch him go to hometown Vancouver though. Just hope if he does sign elsewhere he stays out of the Division lol.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I'm going to cling to the idea he signs here as a UFA until he does not.

Watch him go to hometown Vancouver though. Just hope if he does sign elsewhere he stays out of the Division lol.

I think that's pretty likely. With all the smoke we heard around the draft with them and nothing materializing, it's a safe bet that they were extremely interested.

I think Benning will open up the vaults next summer to bring him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad