Confirmed with Link: COL trades Barrie(50% retained)/Kerfoot/2020 6th to TOR for Kadri/Rosen/2020 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
serious question, is Kerfoot actually good at defense? there are fans on the leafs forums saying he is great defensively and should be centering PK1

Kerfoot essentially wasn't a PKer for the Avs. He averaged 4 seconds a game on the PK last year and only had 4:37 all of last season. He had even less the season before, with only 15 seconds on the PK all year.

NHL.com - Stats

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Please no, anyone but Toronto. I really would not want to deal with their fan base.

Can you think of a team it would be more fun to beat in the finals though?
Plus, if you want the Avs to finally get some media attention...

Also, I like the Leafs, so them being in the finals (and even winning) would be pretty cool...

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Please no, anyone but Toronto. I really would not want to deal with their fan base.

I'd be fine with that. I know there are some loonies but most every Leafs fan I've met and befriended is perfectly rational. I've found more conflict within Avs fandom (not anyone here though) than I have anywhere else.

In fact, I'd be more than fine with that. That'd be fun as all hell to see Matthews and MacKinnon go at it, Barrie and Makar, etc. So much speed and skill on display...yikes.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Neither will we if Mikko misses any significant time. Our schedule does not exactly look like it's an easy start.
The tough schedule to start the season could be a blessing in disguise, as it might actually be easier to play those games early, before those good teams have settled into their defensive systems. There are after all a handful of teams each season who start off better than expected but then struggle after the first month or two once teams lock it down. Ottawa last season for example started quite hot, but then cooled down significantly as games tightened up.

Granted, it does work both ways, and we do have a lot of new faces to integrate, but I'd wager that slightly more open hockey early in the season favours teams that are fast and skilful.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
The tough schedule to start the season could be a blessing in disguise, as it might actually be easier to play those games early, before those good teams have settled into their defensive systems. There are after all a handful of teams each season who start off better than expected but then struggle after the first month or two once teams lock it down. Ottawa last season for example started quite hot, but then cooled down significantly as games tightened up.

Granted, it does work both ways, and we do have a lot of new faces to integrate, but I'd wager that slightly more open hockey early in the season favours teams that are fast and skilful.

Maybe, but teams like Tampa and Washington are also very experienced.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Is Toronto just slow or what? I've never considered Barrie a speedstar, he's a good skater but never thought he was particularly fast.

He looks faster than usual actually. But still not a full on burner. His active feet certainly made him stand out today which is probably why people are so impressed. Leafs aren’t used to having somebody so active on the back end. He looks great as usual.

Reactions: cgf and Pokecheque

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He looks faster than usual actually. But still not a full on burner. His active feet certainly made him stand out today which is probably why people are so impressed. Leafs aren’t used to having somebody so active on the back end. He looks great as usual.

I do wonder how that's going to play out with a coach like Babcock. Babs isn't a huge stickler about d-men jumping into the play but some of the wandering in Tyson's game may not sit well with him.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I do wonder how that's going to play out with a coach like Babcock. Babs isn't a huge stickler about d-men jumping into the play but some of the wandering in Tyson's game may not sit well with him.

That's been my biggest concern with Barrie going to Toronto. And the fans virtually murdering him every time he screws up in his own zone.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
There is that, but I think so long as he doesn't do it in a Game 7 against Boston the Leafs fans will go relatively easy on him...at least for a little while.

The new toy shine should last him most of his time in Toronto. But can you imagine if Toronto pulls Boston again in the playoffs and Barrie has to defend against the Burgeron line.

Reactions: Pokecheque
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad