Confirmed with Link: COL trades Barrie(50% retained)/Kerfoot/2020 6th to TOR for Kadri/Rosen/2020 3rd Part 2

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I think I'm the only person that thinks Stienburg is going to be a really good player down the road.
I liked him a lot at rookie camp after he was drafted. Did a lot of little things right, he has a very mature game that coaches will go nuts for as he moves up the levels.

Reactions: Richard88

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I liked him a lot at rookie camp after he was drafted. Did a lot of little things right, he has a very mature game that coaches will go nuts for as he moves up the levels.
Yeah Stienburg is getting a bad rap on this board mainly due to where he was picked. I for one am looking forward to see how he does in his second NCAA season. I like what he did last season.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Since it doesn't seem likely he will be in Toronto, does anyone have any predictions as to where Barrie will sign?

Off of the top of my head, these teams come to mind:

St. Louis
Nashville
Columbus
Montreal
Arzona

Think about the most desperate, mismanaged team and that's who Barrie will probably sign with. Essentially the team that offers him the most $$$$.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
Think about the most desperate, mismanaged team and that's who Barrie will probably sign with. Essentially the team that offers him the most $$$$.

For some reason I have a feeling he ends up in either Winnipeg or Edmonton.

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007
Your media is going to drive us nuts, are they already driving you nuts? Our media may be lame ducks no one takes seriously, but woo you guys have some gems as well.

This is a extremely interesting thought lol. I think more about just missing on Hedman, but dayum.

Avs likely would not have drafted s d-man so high back then. I think were going to take Duchene regardless

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
What would Avs fans have thought in 2009 if you'd told them this dude drafted a few spots later would have a bigger impact in the playoffs for the Avs than Duchene ever would.

And not only that, but we would be trading for him using the player we would draft in the third round the next day.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
It was always known that Tampa Bay was taking Hedman at #2 as they had just drafted Stamkos the year before, and still had PPG Lecavalier and St. Louis. For years defense was the bane of that club's existence.

But on draft day there was a rumor that New York (I) were going to take Duchene at #1 over Tavares. Obviously that didn't end up happening.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Just imagine watching that draft and being told that we would fail Matthew and then tear him to shreds on the way out. Then imagine being told that the guy we picked in the second round would win a Conn Smythe after being traded for magic beans twice. What a period in our history.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
What would Avs fans have thought in 2009 if you'd told them this dude drafted a few spots later would have a bigger impact in the playoffs for the Avs than Duchene ever would.

It’s hilarious how Burke was trying to save face there after getting stonewalled trying bully GMs into trading down. That egomaniac’s flameout in TO was such poetic justice.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Can you imagine where the Avs would be in terms of managing their salary cap if Sakic had given ROR the same deal the Sabres did? In terms of re-signing MacKinnon? Or now that C-19 will likely mean a flat cap? So glad Sakic is our GM and Roy, love him, is gone and JB is our coach.

Roy really wanted to keep ROR though.

The day before he was traded at the draft, someone here mentioned they were caddying a golf game with Roy in it, and Roy had to stop to take a call from Sakic, and seemed really bummed out afterwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad