Confirmed with Link: COL trades Barrie(50% retained)/Kerfoot/2020 6th to TOR for Kadri/Rosen/2020 3rd Part 2

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
It’s all whether or not you think Barrie tilts the ice enough to make up for his lack of defense. I never thought so, but I get the argument.

It all became a mute point the minute Makar showed up anyway.

I wish Barrie all the best, but it was a good hockey trade for us.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Like many here expected the trade looks absolutely horrible now that the Leafs once again accomplished nothing this season and Barrie is walking.

Now its Kadri + 3rd for Kerfoot

The Leafs, who were not going to make a serious push for the cup, traded a valuable asset on a sweet contract for a one year rental + avarage bottom 6 forward. They didn't even save cap space that much, Kerfoot makes 1M less.

You can't spin the trade in a positive light for them. Even if Barrie would have looked great the Leafs still wouldn't have had a team capable of a cup and he would have walked.

jaems

Apr 16, 2006
I mean, in the minds of Leafs fans it WAS a push for the Cup. Barrie and Kerfoot would be the pieces that would help them win a series (and maybe more). Some Leafs fans were also convinced that they could get Barrie to re-sign, dependent of course on having a good year with the team.

In retrospect, I wonder if Carolina would've been a better trade partner for them given their surplus of defenseman and shortage of offensive talent.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It’s all whether or not you think Barrie tilts the ice enough to make up for his lack of defense. I never thought so, but I get the argument.

It all became a mute point the minute Makar showed up anyway.

I wish Barrie all the best, but it was a good hockey trade for us.

Yeah, and you may be right. We’ll never know for sure. I just wish that the Avs, like they did with Stastny, didn’t waste so many years of Barrie’s prime with a failed rebuilding effort. It may have turned out that he still wasn’t quite the guy for the job, but I don’t think anyone here can say that he wasn’t asked to do way more than he should have been.

The trade has obviously gone amazingly well for the Avs and did not for the Leafs, that can’t be argued.

Reactions: 5280

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Like many here expected the trade looks absolutely horrible now that the Leafs once again accomplished nothing this season and Barrie is walking.

Now its Kadri + 3rd for Kerfoot

The Leafs, who were not going to make a serious push for the cup, traded a valuable asset on a sweet contract for a one year rental + avarage bottom 6 forward. They didn't even save cap space that much, Kerfoot makes 1M less.

You can't spin the trade in a positive light for them. Even if Barrie would have looked great the Leafs still wouldn't have had a team capable of a cup and he would have walked.

Haha except we got the 3rd

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Kadri is a fan favourite because he puts it all out there. Even as a Leaf, he may have crossed the line but he never went down without a fight. He cares and has pride in how he performs, a trait that seems to be rarer these days.

Your media is going to drive us nuts, are they already driving you nuts? Our media may be lame ducks no one takes seriously, but woo you guys have some gems as well.

What would Avs fans have thought in 2009 if you'd told them this dude drafted a few spots later would have a bigger impact in the playoffs for the Avs than Duchene ever would.

This is a extremely interesting thought lol. I think more about just missing on Hedman, but dayum.

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
Your media is going to drive us nuts, are they already driving you nuts? Our media may be lame ducks no one takes seriously, but woo you guys have some gems as well.

This is a extremely interesting thought lol. I think more about just missing on Hedman, but dayum.

Getting Hedman out of 2009 would have dramatically changed the team. O'Reilly likely never goes, the trade for Johnson does not happen, if we end up with lottery picks in the following years it changes the players we pick (which is likely because those teams would still be bottom tier), and more.

As for interesting stats, Duchene had 6 points (all assists by the way) in 8 playoff appearances with the Avalanche. While Kardi in just this playoff run with an equal number of games played, has just as many goals as Duchene had points and was only one shy of tying Duchene's assist total.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Getting Hedman out of 2009 would have dramatically changed the team. O'Reilly likely never goes, the trade for Johnson does not happen, if we end up with lottery picks in the following years it changes the players we pick (which is likely because those teams would still be bottom tier), and more.

As for interesting stats, Duchene had 6 points (all assists by the way) in 8 playoff appearances with the Avalanche. While Kardi in just this playoff run with an equal number of games played, has just as many goals as Duchene had points and was only one shy of tying Duchene's assist total.

Hedman and Johnson would have been a monster pair!

jaems

Apr 16, 2006
Hedman was the guy I wanted the Avs to draft since we were devoid of high end defensive talent. I was pretty happy though with Duchene as a consolation prize... well for the first few years lol

The first year or so was fun as I felt like we could at least compare him to Tavares.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad