Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] Pavel Francouz signs one year deal with the Avs

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Come down to Denver we got plenty of fellow Russians :naughty:
He isn't Russian though.

One doesn't have to be a math professor to figure out the time is now or never for Francouz to go to NHL so good thing he does. If I were him I would just go to a good team where transition to NA would be easier. I don't see him doing great being thrown into the fire on some garbage team.

As an aside, I love that Google Translate turns him into The Frenchman in the articles I read about him.

That's what his surname means. His grandgrandgrandgrandparent (or so) was probably indeed the Frenchman.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I think for the Oilers to have a chance to get him, they have to make other moves to show that the team is serious about improving. I don't see why a promising goalie would choose to go to a team where it's hard to get good stats. It reminds me a bit of Raanta, who signed with Chicago I believe. Go somewhere where you'll get +.900 guaranteed

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I think for the Oilers to have a chance to get him, they have to make other moves to show that the team is serious about improving. I don't see why a promising goalie would choose to go to a team where it's hard to get good stats. It reminds me a bit of Raanta, who signed with Chicago I believe. Go somewhere where you'll get +.900 guaranteed
I don't think he signs anywhere where he knows he'll have to be the back up right away. Aside from money, starting probably matters more than being potentially being the back up on a competitive team. I think he'll probably sign somewhere where he'll get a fair shot at being the starter. And those teams can probably pay more than a team just looking for a backup. Maybe that's Edmonton but who knows. Doubt they're ready to move on from Talbot as their #1 already.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
He's already 28 and only 11 GP this year? Not super appealing honestly.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
He's already 28 and only 11 GP this year? Not super appealing honestly.
What?
He played 47 games in the KHL this year (35 regular plus 12 playoff); plus about ten international games. Had the best regular season save% in the whole KHL last year (95.3) and this year (94.6), he's been brilliant in the playoffs...
He's a very good goalie; no reason why an NHL team shouldn't take a chance on him.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I could see Bowman being interested. Our backups aren't cutting it right now. If Crawford is worse than the Hawks are letting on, then we'll need a 1B type to take some of the load off, but if they truly expect him to be fine, Francouz could be a great add.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
He isn't Russian though.

One doesn't have to be a math professor to figure out the time is now or never for Francouz to go to NHL so good thing he does. If I were him I would just go to a good team where transition to NA would be easier. I don't see him doing great being thrown into the fire on some garbage team.
He's implying he's comfortable with Russians because he played in the KHL. I mean you have to be pretty dumb to space out, ignore the title of the thread which says what country he resides from, and state that he's Russian...

I enjoy Czech goalies. I look forward to seeing where he ends up.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
What are you talking about? He played 35 games in the KHL and 12 in the playoffs...

What?
He played 47 games in the KHL this year (35 regular plus 12 playoff); plus about ten international games. Had the best regular season save% in the whole KHL last year (95.3) and this year (94.6), he's been brilliant in the playoffs...
He's a very good goalie; no reason why an NHL team shouldn't take a chance on him.

In the opening post it mentioned something about 11 games, that is what I was referring to. I didn't look up his stats or anything.

Reactions: Finnish your Czech

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Vancouver is just waiting for Demko to hit the NHL, it might be as early as next season.
I say he gets 25 starts next year. Theres no reason why he shouldn't unless he's complete garbage and has to be sent down

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Hopefully the Canes look hard at him. Would probably have to move on from Ward as I don't see us buying out Darling just yet unfortunately. Still a huge gamble since we would still have zero proven starters, but I'd take it over a Darling/Ward tandem. We know both of those guys can't get it done as starters.
The logical thing would be to keep both guys, and try and add another goalie like this guy. Canes have cap space. If it works out, then waive darling (no one will pick him up), and let cam ward back up this KHL guy.

I really think darling needs to be sent down where it will be sink or swim. If he can't hack the AHL, then he probably shouldn't be in the NHL. He could certainly use the confidence boost.

Reactions: DaveG and MinJaBen

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Hopefully the Blues are interested.

Hutton is a UFA and Allen should be on the trade block.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Welcome to Toronto. You can backup Andersen.

Considering that he can stay in the KHL and get *paid* and play, I doubt he's going anywhere where he's not at-least got a strong chance of winning the starter's job in camp.

So...anybody interested him him with a backup slot in mind is probably dreaming they're even in contention for Francouz.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad