Confirmed with Link: [COL / NYR] Chris Bigras Traded For Ryan Graves

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
FTR most of the Leafs fanbase still don't like Barrie and the Toronto media is still pushing for a top pairing RHD before entering the playoffs, including Bob McKenzie.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
DapperAltruisticAmericancrocodile-size_restricted.gif

Who's he fighting?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
72 pts barely got Rielly in the top 5 as a significantly better player. I just hated how any trading him talk was wrought with emotion from both sides and it ended up being tribal aha. We're all fans of the same team deluding ourselves our opinion's matter anyways.
I didn’t say top 5...

Trinstin

Oct 30, 2009
Denver, CO
The guy wanted out and it became public. What's Sakic supposed to do? Hold onto him until his contract expires and let him walk?

We don't know all that happened behind the scenes and Duchene wasn't always asking out. At that point of course Sakic should have traded him, I just don't believe he did everything he could to prevent the trade being necessary in the first place.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
We don't know all that happened behind the scenes and Duchene wasn't always asking out. At that point of course Sakic should have traded him, I just don't believe he did everything he could to prevent the trade being necessary in the first place.
I think it became clear to everyone you can’t win with Duchene as your best player and that he had worn out his welcome as the face of the franchise. Clearly both sides needed a change of scenery and it’s worked out great for us.

Trinstin

Oct 30, 2009
Denver, CO
I think it became clear to everyone you can’t win with Duchene as your best player and that he had worn out his welcome as the face of the franchise. Clearly both sides needed a change of scenery and it’s worked out great for us.

Yeah but he wasn't their best player at that point or the face of the franchise. Roy happened though and that might have played a big part. I tend to think Sakic could have saved the situation if he tried, given the amount of clout he holds over players as a legend of the sport. No way of knowing of course but god it sucks that we don't have any of those guys left. They all helped us get pieces to push us to where we are now of course, thanks to Sakic.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah but he wasn't their best player at that point or the face of the franchise. Roy happened though and that might have played a big part. I tend to think Sakic could have saved the situation if he tried, given the amount of clout he holds over players as a legend of the sport. No way of knowing of course but god it sucks that we don't have any of those guys left. They all helped us get pieces to push us to where we are now of course, thanks to Sakic.
Who was better than Duchene when he was here? Mack broke out after he left/same season duchene got traded. Sure the Avs didn’t surround duchene with the talent needed to win a cup but he also never showed the ability that he could be a franchise level player and 3 teams later there hasn’t been much of a difference. Sakic took note of this and has turned the franchise around. Sure if sucks that duchene isn’t here but that’s just part of being a professional athlete.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Who was better than Duchene when he was here? Mack broke out after he left/same season duchene got traded. Sure the Avs didn’t surround duchene with the talent needed to win a cup but he also never showed the ability that he could be a franchise level player and 3 teams later there hasn’t been much of a difference. Sakic took note of this and has turned the franchise around. Sure if sucks that duchene isn’t here but that’s just part of being a professional athlete.

Duchene isn't some legend who deserves to retire an Avs like you could say Footer did.

The team got better as a result of trading him. And after taxi gate and Nashville struggling it looks like Sakic sold high at the perfect time.

Trinstin

Oct 30, 2009
Denver, CO

Even back then I remember it being widely accepted that Mack was our future #1 center and Duchene never struck me as unprofessional but emotional.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Even back then I remember it being widely accepted that Mack was our future #1 center and Duchene never struck me as unprofessional but emotional.
He was supposed to be but there were questions of if he was ever going to take the next step. Luckily he did post duchene trade.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
So this thread about trading AHL D (at the time) has now expanded to include talk about the wonderfully harmonious topics of Barrie and Duchene. Let's get ROR and Roy in the mix and maybe even Stastny.

F that... That Foote trade! Can you imagine if it had cost us Duchene?!?!?!

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
So this thread about trading AHL D (at the time) has now expanded to include talk about the wonderfully harmonious topics of Barrie and Duchene. Let's get ROR and Roy in the mix and maybe even Stastny.

Should had traded Stastny for a 2nd round pick in 13-14 deadline! #AssetManagement

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

jaems

Apr 16, 2006
Should had traded Stastny for a 2nd round pick in 13-14 deadline! #AssetManagement

At the time, it was obvious we were going to have issues fitting Radar, Duchene, MacKinnon, and Stastny on the team while having enough cap space to shore up the defense.

What I love about the Barrie trade is Sakic made the tough decision to let go of a well-liked guy who had been on the team for many years so that we could upgrade the 2nd line and trade from a position we already had strength in. Makes a world of a difference for this current roster.

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV

He has been very underwhelming in Vegas, and in my opinion needs to go at the deadline if possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00