Confirmed with Link: [COL / NYR] Chris Bigras Traded For Ryan Graves

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Why? Bigras was done here regardless. Graves has also been a hot mess this year, but maybe a change of scenery does them both good.

Ehh I mean he's still very young so I guess I still held out hope for him as a prospect. Honestly, I'm not too flustered, it's just that I have no clue who the other guy is haha.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I'm not convinced that Bigras is done, he seemed to have a higher potential than this other guy anyways. I expected nothing from Sakic and I'm still disappointed, actually this is probably worse than if he'd done nothing.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Ehh I mean he's still very young so I guess I still held out hope for him as a prospect. Honestly, I'm not too flustered, it's just that I have no clue who the other guy is haha.
23 isn't "very young" when talking about a so called prospect.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I'm not convinced that Bigras is done, he seemed to have a higher potential than this other guy anyways. I expected nothing from Sakic and I'm still disappointed, actually this is probably worse than if he'd done nothing.

I really likes Bigras.
Also loved Siemens, and thought he wasn't done either.

Wish Chris got another shot up in the big team.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

Graves was seen as a solid prospect coming into the season, he just also regressed. For about 3-4 years he had consistently taken large steps forward until the wall hit this year. He didn't have a place in New York, but could carve one out here. When he is on his game, he is a top pairing AHL guy that can be a trigger man on the PP.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I remember @Bender from day 1 not liking Bigras.

I also remember Dater saying he heard the Avs thought of Bigras as the next Suter.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Bigras was done with the AVS regardless of what happens with the Rags.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

Some people would've gotten disappointed if he swapped future 7ths. Bigras really hasn't shown anything other than regression. He was going to get traded or he would've likely been gone in the off-season regardless.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
So disappointing to see the way things turned out with Bigras. I had high hopes for him, but I don't really see an NHL future for him.

It was nice of us to give him a fresh chance to see if he can maybe turn it around, because he had no future here with the likes Zadorov, Girard, Makar, Timmins, Meloche etc. all same age or younger in front of him.

Not sure about this Graves kid, probably not going to amount to much.

Reactions: The Pwnerer

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
Apparently he had a 103.4 mph slapshot in the ahl skills competition a couple years ago so at least he has size a a big time shot

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
23 isn't "very young" when talking about a so called prospect.

I base it more on 23 being pretty young for D but quite frankly, I just think Bigras has more in him than what we've seen thus far. That said, my original response was more due to not having a clue who the other guys was haha. At this point, seems more lateral to me at the moment.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Chris Bigras in every NHL game this year:
giphy.gif

He’s definitely in a better development system for defencemen now, so hopefully a career in the NHL turns out for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad