Confirmed Trade: [COL/MIN] Brandon Duhaime for 2026 3rd round pick

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
What exactly is your bar for "goon"? Is it just "a guy who fights"? I guess that describes him but, again, he loses almost all his fights. He's not an enforcer. He's not scaring people off with his punching prowess.

He has 8 majors this year, 7 of which were for fighting. The other 5 minute major was a match penalty for boarding Thomas Harley. He's had several boarding penalties in his career, and this was the only one that was deemed worthy of this punishment.

In '22-23 he had 4 majors, all from fighting. In his rookie season, '21-22, he had 10 majors. 9 of those were fighting. The one that wasn't for fighting was a cross check against the Avs, and he picked up a major and misconduct for that. So he's had 2 penalties that could potentially be called "goonish" in his career, both of which were penalized mainly for their proximity to the boards when they occurred.

tl;dr
In 193 career games and 502 hits, he has picked up 2 major penalties, a boarding and a cross check. He also rarely takes minor penalties. He plays a overall clean game and stays out of the box except for when he fights (which he does willingly but poorly).
This is my line. Right here. This is a garbage player. Wild have had many over the years. Worst team in the NHL in terms of sportsmanship and honor. Duhaime was a perfect wild player. Cooke would be like... That's my guy after seeing this hit.

I hope Duhaime sucks for the Avs and we cut him before the playoffs. Or that Mack punches his face in at a team dinner and we cut him then. I'll be rooting against him. And I love the Avs.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
This is my line. Right here. This is a garbage player. Wild have had many over the years. Worst team in the NHL in terms of sportsmanship and honor. Duhaime was a perfect wild player. Cooke would be like... That's my guy after seeing this hit.

Showing one of the two hits that have resulted in a major (0.4% of his hits, btw) does not show him to be a goon, it only shows he made a bad choice a couple of times. Your argument was that his major penalties are going to cost the Avs games, but he's only had 2. Does this mean you hate Landeskog, too?

I'm sorry Byram got injured, I hate when guys get injured, but 2 bad hits out of 502 do not make him a goon. Just to illustrate how flawed that argument is, Derek Boogaard had 3 goals in his career, was he a goal scorer? It's around the same frequency as Duhaime's majors that aren't from fighting.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011

I hope Duhaime sucks for the Avs and we cut him before the playoffs. Or that Mack punches his face in at a team dinner and we cut him then. I'll be rooting against him. And I love the Avs.

Chill man. The Avs are gonna need someone to run a hot goalie in the playoffs since Kadri is gone. This guy seems like the perfect choice.

• Love
Reactions: GirardSpinorama

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Showing one of the two hits that have resulted in a major (0.4% of his hits, btw) does not show him to be a goon, it only shows he made a bad choice a couple of times. Your argument was that his major penalties are going to cost the Avs games, but he's only had 2. Does this mean you hate Landeskog, too?

I'm sorry Byram got injured, I hate when guys get injured, but 2 bad hits out of 502 do not make him a goon. Just to illustrate how flawed that argument is, Derek Boogaard had 3 goals in his career, was he a goal scorer? It's around the same frequency as Duhaime's majors that aren't from fighting.

Dach gets hurt a lot because he's a dumb player. He's literally playing the puck from his knees. Landy hit the only thing he could. A guy dribbling the puck. A dumb player in Dach making a dumb play that put himself in danger. Don't try to play hockey at neutral ice on your knees is the lesson there.

Chill man. The Avs are gonna need someone to run a hot goalie in the playoffs since Kadri is gone. This guy seems like the perfect choice.
We already have no skill guys like Wood and Colton for that. LOC... even Cogs.

Duhaime will come in and cross check the goalie in the neck. Why? Because he's a trash player.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Clearly some lingering feelings here from when Bobby Orr Barrie got hurt 10 years ago. No amount of common sense is going to make a difference.

Reactions: BagHead

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Dach gets hurt a lot because he's a dumb player. He's literally playing the puck from his knees. Landy hit the only thing he could. A guy dribbling the puck. A dumb player in Dach making a dumb play that put himself in danger. Don't try to play hockey at neutral ice on your knees is the lesson there.

We already have no skill guys like Wood and Colton for that. LOC... even Cogs.

Duhaime will come in and cross check the goalie in the neck. Why? Because he's a trash player.
Ok man, good luck with your emotions. I hope Duhaime does well for you, in spite of your belief.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
3rd for Duhaime, 4th for dewer. Hell yeah full of deal sweeteners

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad