Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] Joe Colborne (2 years, $2.5M AAV)

Gunnar Staal

Mar 17, 2004
Calgary looks pretty bad for not qualifying him now. Was he supposed to get more if he was?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Surprised Calgary wouldn't pony up that for him, he's a decent player.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Surprised Calgary wouldn't pony up that for him, he's a decent player.

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
Told Colborne had other options for more money, but sees his opportunity with the Avalanche as his best fit.

He's taken the Flames to arbitration before, I doubt he then would have signed here for that much. He played his college hockey in Denver too.

Good move for the Avs

AimForTopCheddar

trust the yzerplan
Feb 7, 2012
Calgary
We got Brouwer who fits our team better. I wanted Colbourne to stay but he didn't really earn the money he could've gotten us to pay.

JohnDingman

hahah good luck avs fans. this is a player who had his stats inflated near the end of the season in Calgary. To be quite frank he sucks and doesn't use his size to his advantage. good riddance. Happy he is gone from Calgary

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Decent middle 6 guy. Don't expect him to be a center, he's a winger at this point. Doesn't use his size as much as he could. Should still be good for 30+ points.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
What a mistake on Treliving's part. Doesn't qualify him and loses him with out gaining an asset. This is just slightly more than what Lance Bouma is getting right now and Joe Colborne is miles better than Bouma. Poor asset management by Treliving I must say.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
What a mistake on Treliving's part. Doesn't qualify him and loses him with out gaining an asset. This is just slightly more than what Lance Bouma is getting right now and Joe Colborne is miles better than Bouma. Poor asset management by Treliving I must say.

He didn't qualify him so he could try to get him cheaper. It was a necessary risk. Even then, Colborne's rights wouldn't have been worth much at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad