Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] F Miles Wood signs with the Avalanche (6 years, $2.5M AAV)

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
IMG_1639.gif

Live look at Wood’s reaction

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
This reads like a Tampa Bay special for sure

Yeah which quite frankly I'm on board with... So long as the aav is legitimately kept down.

Our cup window is only ~2-3 more years so who cares about the rest of that contract. We're gonna be retooling/rebuilding anyways.

If a 6 year deal means getting him for $2M instead of a 3x$3M deal... Great move.

If this ends up still being a $3M deal or more. Just dumb.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Other than Ross Colton, I don't think the Avs ever get a player that the original team's fans really like.

I don't mind Wood but he's that player that makes you pull your hair out with how maddening he is. He'll have 3 games where he looks like he's a top 6 player and then go 20 games where he just looks like complete shit. FWIW, he was pretty good to start last year but KO'd by Romanov and never recovered. He also blew out his hip recently too which took away a bit of his speed which is his hallmark. Most Devils fans love their guys who leave but we don't want you guys to get a false sense of security of the player you're getting lol

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
There's no way Miles Woods' agent would let him give away the 6 most lucrative years of his career for a bargain basement price. This isn't going to be a dirt cheap AAV to offset the term. This is gonna be similar to Brandon Tanev or Zack Kassian. $2.8-$3.5M AAV is my guess.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
There's no way Miles Woods' agent would let him give away the 6 most lucrative years of his career for a bargain basement price. This isn't going to be a dirt cheap AAV to offset the term. This is gonna be similar to Brandon Tanev or Zack Kassian. $2.8-$3.5M AAV is my guess.
If he got 6 years of contract security, he'd take that and run. This would be a crazy thing to do for A) a player with his injury history, and B) his level of play.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Hopefully 2.5 or under...if this starts with a 3, that's quite a commitment for a guy who has played 4th line minutes (I grant you the Avs will likely try to deploy him more...for better or worse).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad