GDT: Col @ Car | 5pm MT | Greetings (The Emergency GDT)

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
If the Toews contract is even a small part of why Byram is playing horribly, he doesn’t have the mentality to become a top player in this league. Everything is earned, nothing is given in a league with this type of talent. Never mind the fact that he should be happy his teammate got paid and deservedly so.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I clearly didnt see the game… Byram’s issues probably have some sort of mental aspect. But… he’s gotta adapt his game to work in the NHL. He’s simply not naturally talented to pull off risky moves all the time. I said it prior to him being drafted and through the hype. He has to tone out this junior aspect and realize he’s a dude more than a game changer. If he does that and settles in as a 35 point heavy 1v1 load defensive guy… he’ll be very successful. Trying to be Josi is a quick trip to being a marginalized defender in the realm of Dumba.
He's not even pulling off risky moves. He's just handing the puck off every chance he gets. He's also completely lost in coverage every time. I think part of the problem is that Bednar doesn't have him with a regular partner at all. It seems like he's going out with a different D man every shift.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
He's not even pulling off risky moves. He's just handing the puck off every chance he gets. He's also completely lost in coverage every time. I think part of the problem is that Bednar doesn't have him with a regular partner at all. It seems like he's going out with a different D man every shift.
If he’s to be a top guy… he needs to play with anyone. I take that as Bednar just trying to find him situations to be successful.

Giving the puck away is a read/iq problem and something that ties into his juniorness. Gets himself in situations that are easily avoided if you take the simple play instead of the flashy play. Basing this off the games earlier this season where it has consistently happened… not here.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I think a lot of what frustrates me about Byram is his skating looks like it's regressed an insane amount.

He struggles with pivots when forwards are coming down on him, his gap control leaves a lot to be desired and it seems like he's trying to compensate for guys getting past him when he has a tight gap, he's slow from a stand still going to loose pucks in corners and around the net, and he's weak on pucks. I think even Girard is stronger on pucks than he is.

It's very, very frustrating to watch. I don't give a f*** if he's not an offensive weapon anymore. He just looks useless most nights.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
If he’s to be a top guy… he needs to play with anyone. I take that as Bednar just trying to find him situations to be successful.

Giving the puck away is a read/iq problem and something that ties into his juniorness. Gets himself in situations that are easily avoided if you take the simple play instead of the flashy play. Basing this off the games earlier this season where it has consistently happened… not here.
Mikko, Johansen, LoC and a few other guys keeps bringing up team defense in interviews. I wonder if he's making these less risky plays because Bednar is trying to hammer that mentality into the team right now?

I really don't know what his problem is, but it's clear that tonight he was lost and timid. I think this was by far his worst game in an Avs sweater, other than the game last year when he first came back from injury.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
All situations tonight:

Hurricanes win the Corsi battle 64-53
Hurricanes with more scoring chances 27-22
Hurricanes with more high danger chances 14-8

What's worse? Freddie Olofsson - who has looked more like Marc-Andre Cliche by the game this season - somehow lead our team in individual high danger chances generated. You ain't winning games like that lmao.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
All situations tonight:

Hurricanes win the Corsi battle 64-53
Hurricanes with more scoring chances 27-22
Hurricanes with more high danger chances 14-8

What's worse? Freddie Olofsson - who has looked more like Marc-Andre Cliche by the game this season - somehow lead our team in individual high danger chances generated. You ain't winning games like that lmao.
Olofsson can’t lose his hair! It is his best feature!

I used to be good at things and then injuries, GMO's and HFboards caught up to me. It happens.
So you’re saying Monsanto is at fault?

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Clearly, our woes stem from your lack of sarcasm lately. Your posts the cup year were much more negative and fueled this team to the finals.
Haha I been slipping like Mikko at a rave in Turku. I wear this current 0-2-1 streak. I promise to be much more negative until the Avs win a cup again then I will rest like Thanos.

twostroke2023

Dec 15, 2023
I’ve been on the trade byram train for the better part of a year now. I think he still has potential. Just not with the Avs for whatever reason. Which is fine. Not every player is going to work with every team.

In my opinion the unforgivable sin would be to continue to try to make him work and tank his value. Let’s just cut the losses, give the kid a fresh start elsewhere and use him to address some of the holes in the roster.

Also, I refuse to believe that Mikko isn’t hurt. If he is healthy they need to move him this off season as you absolutely can not commit long term money to whatever is going on with him. It pains me to admit that as he’s one of my favourite Avs players, but good lord he’s been a passenger all season.

Bowe Byrum

Nov 22, 2021
Would be one of the more foolish things to happen in the league.

Bednar is a phenomenal coach. This organization hasn't had many of those.

Give him a real 2nd line to work with and he'll have this team humming.
he's gotta be a bit stale.now though but yeah I agree

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad