GDT: Col @ Car | 5pm MT | Greetings (The Emergency GDT)

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
:dunno:I like the Canes.
1000027593.gif

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The Avs have been a one trick pony for the entire season. They were winning strictly because Makar first, then Mackinnon. That shit can't last and is sure not working in the playoffs either.
Yup. It was pretty much Georgiev 2 weeks in October, Makar all November and Mackinnon from December until the All- Star break. This team cant get a save and we might be seeing early signs that some of those big minutes is catching up to the stars all because the Avs dont have a 2C and one of their best players is on leave.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Thank you stupid ass f***en useless allstar break. This team is not winning a game on this road trip because for some reason they need million games to shake off the rust after long breaks. They’re like an old ass broken down car which needs time to get the engine started
Look at the bright side.

Losing now >>>>>>> riding Mackinnon's hot streak until we get a reality check in the playoffs.

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
I'm truly so sick of Byram it's not even funny anymore. Rants is f***ing sucking but at least he'll score a goal every so often. Byram has regressed so hard that I'm not even sure if I see a top 4 defenseman there anymore. Dude is cooked.
He doesn’t look like the same player at all, like he’s someone else. I think his game really lacks confidence right now, something he used to somehow limit all the mistakes he’s making right now. I feel like he rarely pinches nowa days and when he does it’s always at the most inopportune time. I don’t think other players have figured him out or anything just think he’s in a mentally low place for whatever reason and my tin foil hat says its because, in his mind, the Avs chose Toews over him as a first paring D man (so he’s sulking).

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Send RyJo, Byram and whatever else needed to get Kadri back
Bo looks completely deflated out there. I wasn't in favor of trading him before, but if he can't regain his confidence here, that's just going to be a great trade for another team down the line when he's useless to us. We'll just end up with late draft picks and crap. The other problem is, I don't think I'm very comfortable running up JJ - Malinski third pairing either.

Reactions: Alienblood

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
He doesn’t look like the same player at all, like he’s someone else. I think his game really lacks confidence right now, something he used to somehow limit all the mistakes he’s making right now. I feel like he rarely pinches nowa days and when he does it’s always at the most inopportune time. I don’t think other players have figured him out or anything just think he’s in a mentally low place for whatever reason and my tin foil hat says its because, in his mind, the Avs chose Toews over him as a first paring D man (so he’s sulking).

Well then maybe we should ship his ass out then. Trade him to Arizona out of spite and trade him cheap.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Really disappointed with Byram. Not just tonight but this far into his career. I had high hopes. Really thought he was going to be Niedermayer 2.0 but hes lookin like Thomas Hickey 2.0.
I thought this read Thomas Harley at first, even that would be an upgrade

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Really disappointed with Byram. Not just tonight but this far into his career. I had high hopes. Really thought he was going to be Niedermayer 2.0 but hes lookin like Thomas Hickey 2.0.
He's healthy for the first time in his NHL career and he either hit a late sophomore slump (in games played it's his 2nd season) or the Toews contract really affected him mentally (which is what I choose to believe).

Reactions: Alienblood

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Been driving all day and just caught the highlights. At least there was a solid 30 seconds of enjoyment out of this one

We may never win again

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I don’t think there’s any question that Val is more important to the team than Mikko right now.
This isn't even a question. Rantanen is pure garbage. I stopped counting at 8 fumbled picks and/or turnovers and that was 5 mins into the 2nd period.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Bo looks completely deflated out there. I wasn't in favor of trading him before, but if he can't regain his confidence here, that's just going to be a great trade for another team down the line when he's useless to us. We'll just end up with late draft picks and crap. The other problem is, I don't think I'm very comfortable running up JJ - Malinski third pairing either.

Yeah, I dunno. Something just has to give here. We need center help in the worst way and not a ton of assets to give. I don't want to wait until Byram has completely lost value either.

Reactions: sethro109

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
100% agreed. plus Pratt's coaching. Look how poor the dcore has become

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I clearly didnt see the game… Byram’s issues probably have some sort of mental aspect. But… he’s gotta adapt his game to work in the NHL. He’s simply not naturally talented to pull off risky moves all the time. I said it prior to him being drafted and through the hype. He has to tone out this junior aspect and realize he’s a dude more than a game changer. If he does that and settles in as a 35 point heavy 1v1 load defensive guy… he’ll be very successful. Trying to be Josi is a quick trip to being a marginalized defender in the realm of Dumba.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad