Confirmed Trade: [COL/BUF] Jonas Johansson to COL for 2021 6th round pick

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I wasn't unimpressed with his first start. It wasn't great but he wasn't terrible reading the play and had pretty controlled movement, unlike Miska.

I just hope they get him chance number 2 sooner than later. Either against the Ducks or again the Yotes next week. You don't want him to simmer on this first game too long and you need to see if another option needs to be found by April 12th.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
There will literally always be idiots who say things like this though, no matter what Sakic pays for. Especially NYR fans who are used to overpaying for everything in their lives.
First off why am I an idiot? Who beat you up at the bus stop kid?

Secondly, it's your own fans that says you need a backup. You just traded for an AHL goalie with plans of using him as your back up.

Thirdly, yeah because we always overpay eh? Brassard for Zibanejad + a pick. We obtained a young #1C.

Scott Gomez and his albatross contract for McDonagh. We got rid of a capdump and got a top pairing D out of it.

Two 2nds for Adam Fox who's a #1D.

You know nothing Jon Snow. Now get off my dick.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Yeah, he’s really lucky you traded for Yandle to mentor him.
Lay off the crackpipe. Of course you'd take offense when your username is Joe Sakic.

I only stated that it was a cheapskate move from a contenting team. He should've gotten a real backup. Imagine if Grubauer goes down after the trade deadline and you're starting Johansson, lol. Have fun getting torched due to a AHL caliber goalie.

It's a legit concern. I never said Sakic was a bad GM. I just think he was being cheap here for no reason when you could've gotten a back up for a 3rd. A late 3rd that'll probably never turn into something good.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Lay off the crackpipe. Of course you'd take offense when your username is Joe Sakic.

I only stated that it was a cheapskate move from a contenting team. He should've gotten a real backup. Imagine if Grubauer goes down after the trade deadline and you're starting Johansson, lol. Have fun getting torched due to a AHL caliber goalie.

It's a legit concern. I never said Sakic was a bad GM. I just think he was being cheap here for no reason when you could've gotten a back up for a 3rd. A late 3rd that'll probably never turn into something good.

Who said I took offense? I just found you making it sound like that the Rangers have made all home run trades recently hilarious.

Will the JJ trade pan out? Probably not in my honest opinion. However the trade deadline isn’t passed.

I’m fine with giving up a 6th round pick to take a flyer on a guy that could have just needed a change of culture. Leaves plenty of assets to get a proper backup if JJ doesn’t pan out.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Who said I took offense? I just found you making it sound like that the Rangers have made all home run trades recently hilarious.

Will the JJ trade pan out? Probably not in my honest opinion. However the trade deadline isn’t passed.

I’m fine with giving up a 6th round pick to take a flyer on a guy that could have just needed a change of culture. Leaves plenty of assets to get a proper backup if JJ doesn’t pan out.
I never said that the Rangers only got W's in their trades, far from it. But you started talking about the Rangers trades in a mocking fashion and I replied. It wasn't me who brought up the Rangers trades out of the blue.

Judging by the stats since he came over to North America that's a big if.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010

Secondly, it's your own fans that says you need a backup. You just traded for an AHL goalie with plans of using him as your back up.

Lol people get way too invested in the discussion on here when 99.999% of what is said is either just casually thrown out there or wrong. And 50+% of what league execs say and do is foolish or wrong too.

A wise Russian sage (Bryz) once said “why you heff to be mad? It’s just game”. Famous words to live by

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Lol people get way too invested in the discussion on here when 99.999% of what is said is either just casually thrown out there or wrong. And 50+% of what league execs say and do is foolish or wrong too.

A wise Russian sage (Bryz) once said “why you heff to be mad? It’s just game”. Famous words to live by
I haven't been mad for one second. He's the one who was mad. Calling me an idiot, lol. I just replied in a calm manor, explaining my thoughts.

And I did the infamous "you probably get beat up at the bus stop" because it was appropriate since he acted like a immature child.

But carry on :popcorn:.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I haven't been mad for one second. He's the one who was mad. Calling me an idiot, lol. I just replied in a calm manor, explaining my thoughts.

And I did the infamous "you probably get beat up at the bus stop" because it was appropriate since he acted like a immature child.

But carry on :popcorn:.

I was agreeing with you but now you’re taking it too seriously

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO

Thirdly, yeah because we always overpay eh? Brassard for Zibanejad + a pick. We obtained a young #1C.

Scott Gomez and his albatross contract for McDonagh. We got rid of a capdump and got a top pairing D out of it.

Two 2nds for Adam Fox who's a #1D.

You know nothing Jon Snow. Now get off my dick.
Lol, looks like I hit a nerve on that one

Reactions: umbertovanek

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I still really don't get why the Avs tossed a pick away for basically nothing. Sure, a 6th has very little value but this in no way solved anything about our goaltending depth issue as it pertains to a playoff run and protecting ourselves so we don't repeat last season's goalie debacle when Grubs and Frank were out. That 6th could've been tacked on to another better pick for a real, living, breathing veteran backup NHL goalie - which we still probably need anyways.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I still really don't get why the Avs tossed a pick away for basically nothing. Sure, a 6th has very little value but this in no way solved anything about our goaltending depth issue as it pertains to a playoff run and protecting ourselves so we don't repeat last season's goalie debacle when Grubs and Frank were out. That 6th could've been tacked on to another better pick for a real, living, breathing veteran backup NHL goalie - which we still probably need anyways.

I still believe this trade was worth the pick. Every team knows the AVs are desperate for a Goalie. Any relief is better than Miska and with less pressure can still add a Goalie later.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes