Confirmed Trade: [COL/BUF] Jonas Johansson to COL for 2021 6th round pick

Doctor No

Oct 26, 2005
hockeygoalies.org
Sounds pretty good as an Avs fan for your backup goalie right now IMO. Especially considering the difference of teams in front of him if he comes to the Avs...

Save percentages don't necessarily go up when moving from a bad team to a good team (I haven't studied it rigorously, but it may be 50/50).

GAA almost always goes down when facing fewer shots, though (since GAA = Shots * (1 - SVPCT)).

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Save percentages don't necessarily go up when moving from a bad team to a good team (I haven't studied it rigorously, but it may be 50/50).

GAA almost always goes down when facing fewer shots, though (since GAA = Shots * (1 - SVPCT)).

I think it is way easier to sport a good save percentage on a team like the Avs or Islanders right now that are amazing at supressing higher quality chances than it is in front of a complete dumpster fire that routinely hangs you out to dry...

I am not sure how much better he is than Werner but I very much prefer them going the cheap route (I hope atleast they didn't give up anything significant) over them overpaying for a guy like Merzlikins or Bernier

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
If this guy can block 90% of the shots he’ll face, that’s 2 GPG allowed. Avs will still win.

Miskas 47% save % was just about 40% too low.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Nonsense. A well placed pylon is an upgrade over Miska. And more than a marginal one.
I would take this over Miska.
images

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Nonsense. A well placed pylon is an upgrade over Miska. And more than a marginal one.

People need to stop with the Miska hate. I saw somewhere the dude deleted his twitter after last game probably cause of people hating on him and comments like that.
Its tough enough for him to probably having to give up on his dream to ever play in the NHL longterm so now that he no longer figures into our plans, we really should stop the jabs and jokes about him...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00