Confirmed Trade: [COL/BUF] Jonas Johansson to COL for 2021 6th round pick

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
When the Sabres fans said they wanted a trade, we meant get rid of Montour or Miller.

But cool. Let’s roll with Crater Hutton (not a typo) and *checks notes* Tokarski or Houser?!?!
Maybe it's Compher + 4th for Staal/Montour + Johansson

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
AVs would be nuts to include Compher. I'm expecting a third or fourth round pick

Also, I would expect his numbers to rebound a bit on Colorado since the Sabres are injury-riddled and were just really poorly coached
Compher is the Avs 13th forward and makes 3.5M for 2 more years after this one. The Sabres would be doing Colorado a huge favor to take him off their hands.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Wonder if the price on Bernier or even...Dubnyk...was too high?

If we gave up anything more than like a 5th rounder for an inexperienced goalie with a sub-900 sv% I’m gonna be annoyed.

Reactions: Morrison

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
AVs would be nuts to include Compher. I'm expecting a third or fourth round pick

Also, I would expect his numbers to rebound a bit on Colorado since the Sabres are injury-riddled and were just really poorly coached

Avs fans are happy to give up that 4th just to dump Compher and gain capspace. Doubt that Sakic feels the same way but he certainly is expendable.

I actually wonder if there are still people left that like him from back when he was in the Sabres organisation. Might not be the worst fit in the world and it doesn't look like Buffalo will be in dire need of capspace in the near future anyways if the rumors about Eichel getting shipped off in the offseason are true...

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Wonder if the price on Bernier or even...Dubnyk...was too high?

If we gave up anything more than like a 5th rounder for an inexperienced goalie with a sub-900 sv% I’m gonna be annoyed.

It's likely just a stopgap measure. It's more likely that the Sharks don't want to trade Dubnyk just yet but when they do, they'll probably take back Johansson just for roster purposes.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Compher is the Avs 13th forward and makes 3.5M for 2 more years after this one. The Sabres would be doing Colorado a huge favor to take him off their hands.

Some Avs fans are looking for any excuse to dump Compher just for the cap space.

Avs fans are happy to give up that 4th just to dump Compher and gain capspace. Doubt that Sakic feels the same way but he certainly is expendable.

I actually wonder if there are still people left that like him from back when he was in the Sabres organisation. Might not be the worst fit in the world and it doesn't look like Buffalo will be in dire need of capspace in the near future anyways if the rumors about Eichel getting shipped off in the offseason are true...

I didn't consider his contract, $3.5 million for two years isn't something the Sabres can easily accept without similar salary going back since Reinhart, Dahlin, and Jokiharju need to be re-signed, along with a #1 and #2 goalie

Compher's possession numbers aren't great on a good offensive team either, so I'd expect him to perform even worse in Buffalo

Now I'm curious what the final trade ends up being

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Shhhhhh you can't say that out loud ffs :facepalm:

Hey, I'd like my team to get rid of Vlasic but I can't get my hopes up. We should talk about what it would take for you guys to take Vlasic off our hands throwing Compher and whatever else our way. We'll retain 1.5 mil though so Vlasic is at 5.5 for y'all. :P

Reactions: Spilot23
Nov 20, 2013
Sweden
Maybe the Avs could trade for a Buffalo center as well after Eichel comes back. Since we are contenders, we could pay a decent price for an old or rental center. Besides the obvious youngish third liners like Compher we got some decent RD prospects Sabres might like.

Maybe the trade has been held back because of discussions about a wider trade that might have to wait because of injuries on either team. Sabres do not want to trade a center while Eichel is out etc.

Last edited:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I didn't consider his contract, $3.5 million for two years isn't something the Sabres can easily accept without similar salary going back since Reinhart, Dahlin, and Jokiharju need to be re-signed, along with a #1 and #2 goalie

Compher's possession numbers aren't great on a good offensive team either, so I'd expect him to perform even worse in Buffalo

Now I'm curious what the final trade ends up being
If he was to go to Buffalo and play on the wing he'd be fine. But he's being shoehorned into the 3C role here and he sucks playing C.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Could we have Staal too? Think he could be a good fit and we could pay a decent price.

Compher and a third rounder for Staal and Johansson? Could add more of course since I havent seen Staal for a while and do not know if he is worth more. We got some decent RD prospects in Timmins, Barron and Helleson. Compher might only need a change of scenery. Last year Jost was the same kind of whipping boy but now we turned on Compher instead.
The biggest reason for that is that Compher's caphit is 4x higher than Jost. If Jost was producing as little as he is at a $3.5m caphit people would have their pitchforks out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad