Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] Avalanche re-sign Andre Burakovsky (2 years, $4.9M AAV)

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Don’t like this for the Avs. He’s a pretty good player, and young, giving him just 2 years then straight to UFA kinda sucks. Didn’t even really get a discount for giving him such a player friendly term.
Sakic is looking further down the line for when players like Landeskog, Makar and MacKinnon need raises. This is a great deal. So many armchair GM's in here spouting the strangest opinions.

Reactions: Avaholic29

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Well, that's a lot of money for 1 season. Hopefully that's not just a career season.

JayKnowsHockey

Nov 27, 2017
He has had a good like 50-60 games in his career and deserves 5million a season now?

Imma bit confused as to why everyone thinks this is so great?

didnt he also play top line minutes with Mackinnon? Mackinnon is so good he would get anyone 50pts.

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
Good signing. Bura is getting better and better. This is the type of contract that will keep performing

JayKnowsHockey

Nov 27, 2017
You clearly don't know shit about this player so why try to act like it?

it was more of a question there champ. Relax. Why do Avs fans like this deal so much? Wasn’t he on top line with Mackinnon? Should inflate his numbers?

sorry that I hurt ur feelings

Jeff Whelbourn

Jun 2, 2018
it was more of a question there champ. Relax. Why do Avs fans like this deal so much? Wasn’t he on top line with Mackinnon? Should inflate his numbers?

sorry that I hurt ur feelings

Only in the playoffs, and when landeskog and rantanen where injured.. he played alot with kadri who he had good chemistry with. He has an amazing shot, very useful player

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Fair deal based off his time in Colorado. If he returns to Wash version , it’s an overpayment .
I think he’s the type of player that would be negatively effected by a high $$ long term deal as he would feel pressured to do too much instead of just play his game

JayKnowsHockey

Nov 27, 2017
Only in the playoffs, and when landeskog and rantanen where injured.. he played alot with kadri who he had good chemistry with. He has an amazing shot, very useful player

So when Rantanen missed like 30games of season it wasn’t Burakovsky who replaced him?

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
All you armchair GMs are hilarious. He was one of our best forwards this year and got a slight raise on his QO.

Emell

Oct 11, 2015
So when Rantanen missed like 30games of season it wasn’t Burakovsky who replaced him?
At times. There was a point Nate was playing with Calvert and Donskoi as his line mates because of injury.

These two might have consistently been on the same line like... a quarter of the season? Not as significant as you think, at least

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Straight to UFA.
Not a fan of this at all.
Not quite sure what Sakic was thinking here.
1 or 3 years would have been fine by me but 2?
Welp...
Burakovsky was only under team control for 1 more year as he's accrued 6 NHL seasons already, so this contract doesn't walk him straight to UFA, but rather it buys 1 UFA year.

It's a solid deal by Sakic, and gives us a lot of flexibility in 2022 which is looking like a very good class of UFA forwards.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Landy
Mack
Mikko
Naz

Makar
Girard
EJ
Graves

Add Taylor Hall or another Top 4D, or a quality 3C, and it becomes a 0% chance Burkie gets protected.
If you add Taylor Hall it's very unlikely that we go 4+4 as that would entail exposing Kadri, unless the plan would be to trade Kadri before the Expansion Draft and replace him with Newhook immediately (just like how Makar replaced Barrie as a rookie).
  • Mackinnon, Landeskog, Rantanen, Kadri, UFA Forward, Burakovsky, + 1 of Compher/Nichuskin/Donskoi/Jost
  • Makar, Girard, Graves/EJ.
  • Grubauer
If we don't add a Taylor Hall though, and instead add Pietrangelo, then it probably does make sense to go 4+4 and let Seattle take Burakovsky.

Jeff Whelbourn

Jun 2, 2018

Not consistently, at one point near the end of the season I think donskoi was our #1 centre.

I think they tried to keep kadri and burakovsky together as much as possible

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad