PTO: [COL] Artem Anisimov signs PTO with Avs

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
didn't think sakic would need to bargin shop after losing grubauer. this is nearly retired depth (assuming he survives the tryout)
Moving forward, bargain shopping is likely his most viable option. They are tight to the cap and don’t have much for dead weight to move. Next year some money will be freed up but they have need for important pieces such as goaltending, so I expect more of the same next year as well. Unless they try to redistribute cap % by trading and for forward.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
didn't think sakic would need to bargin shop after losing grubauer. this is nearly retired depth (assuming he survives the tryout)
I doubt him or Johnson even makes the team. The real bargain was Ryan Murray at 2M.

NotPetya

May 28, 2021
You realize two of those guys aren’t on the team anymore and Timmins is a defenseman right? Are you that clueless or just trolling?

I was naming members of the previous bottom six.

I’m a fan of the sport - I don’t troll. Actually followed the Nordiques back in the day and was watching when the Panthers needed oxygen masks.

Not to be terse, but consider asking questions before assuming I’m a troll. It was 5am and I was responding to multiple posts before work.

NotPetya

May 28, 2021
Colorado literally has at worst a top 5 defense in the league. You’re so clueless it’s hilarious.

How hilarious is it that a team that can exploit redundancy tears into that assumption quick? Less about regular season and more about effectiveness in a prolonged matchup such as playoffs.

Maybe it’s Bednar and deployment, but run & gun in a 7 games series where the opponent takes better notes on weaknesses can get Presidents Trophies easier than cups.

All the solid scoring in the world - get them some ability to toggle to D and tell me that the Cup window doesn’t open wider?

Puck possession only goes so far if you can’t keep the puck and keep moving. As a fan of the sport and two teams in that one series, it’s kind of what happened.

Anyone saying that mobile physicality and defensive prowess couldn’t benefit the Avs seems to be as clueless as you allege I am. Just saying.

Maybe I suggested the least elegant means of handling that, but it’s a better start than Altitude Sports/Kroenke blowing smoke. (Altitude gets so homer-ific that they made VGK broadcasts more palatable as I find enjoyment in the SPORT of hockey, but I digress.)

They could benefit from more grit - I don’t see where that can be argued.

Variance in philosophy =///= clueless. Regular season defense isn’t the best tale of the tape - a playoff series shows coaching and personnel adjustments, and an additional couple of arrows in Bednar’s quiver improves the team’s potential.

Admittedly not the best proposal I made.

Open to discussing other suggestions for improvements that assist the Swiss Army Knife approach (that helps teams vary attack methods and win Cups.)

Last edited:

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
How hilarious is it that a team that can exploit redundancy tears into that assumption quick? Less about regular season and more about effectiveness in a prolonged matchup such as playoffs.

Maybe it’s Bednar and deployment, but run & gun in a 7 games series where the opponent takes better notes on weaknesses can get Presidents Trophies easier than cups.

All the solid scoring in the world - get them some ability to toggle to D and tell me that the Cup window doesn’t open wider?

Puck possession only goes so far if you can’t keep the puck and keep moving. As a fan of the sport and two teams in that one series, it’s kind of what happened.

Anyone saying that mobile physicality and defensive prowess couldn’t benefit the Avs seems to be as clueless as you allege I am. Just saying.

Maybe I suggested the least elegant means of handling that, but it’s a better start than Altitude Sports/Kroenke blowing smoke. (Altitude gets so homer-ific that they made VGK broadcasts more palatable as I find enjoyment in the SPORT of hockey, but I digress.)

They could benefit from more grit - I don’t see where that can be argued.

Variance in philosophy =///= clueless. Regular season defense isn’t the best tale of the tape - a playoff series shows coaching and personnel adjustments, and an additional couple of arrows in Bednar’s quiver improves the team’s potential.

Admittedly not the best proposal I made.

Open to discussing other suggestions for improvements that assist the Swiss Army Knife approach (that helps teams vary attack methods and win Cups.)
You’re literally derailing a thread about a PTO for Anisimov, and defending a TERRIBLE take all while doing so. If you want to make garbage trade proposals that don’t benefit the team, make a new thread for it, like I do.

Reactions: IWantSakicAsMyGM

NotPetya

May 28, 2021
You’re literally derailing a thread about a PTO for Anisimov, and defending a TERRIBLE take all while doing so. If you want to make garbage trade proposals that don’t benefit the team, make a new thread for it, like I do.

Not as “TERRIBLE” as you think, but apart from a few off-handed blurbs on a confusing PTO, I can abide. :thumbu:

Is there a thread about Bednar’s strategic adjustment or the D deployment where such observations/theories are more welcome? I’d actually like that, and this includes multiple points - trades and deployment effectiveness.

Last edited:

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Not as “TERRIBLE” as you think, but apart from a few off-handed blurbs on a confusing PTO, I can abide. :thumbu:

Is there a thread about Bednar’s strategic adjustment or the D deployment where such observations/theories are more welcome? I’d actually like that, and this includes multiple points - trades and deployment effectiveness.
Rantanen, an ELITE right wing, for a guy that has no future on the team and a goalie that had just cleared waivers… is really really terrible. Stop defending it.

Reactions: Jeff Whelbourn

Jeff Whelbourn

Jun 2, 2018

If you were the guy that said to trade rantanen for slavin and Ned, that's a terrible trade.

The avs defense and goaltending with a healthy EJ murray amd kuemper, is a massive improvement from graves nemeth and possibly grubauer

Reactions: Avaholic29

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad