PTO: [COL] Artem Anisimov signs PTO with Avs

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Sakic’s not remembering that guys like Lemieux and Foote got him where they did as much as he.

If Carolina had a deal in place for Gibson as rumoured, I’d have thrown them Rantanen for Slavin/Ned. Improved goal and D in a way that it can be depended upon.

They have all the skating and offense they need. Defense, physicality and goaltending not so much.

They can score - great.

A team that can lay weight on an opponent in a seven game series to good effect? They need that.

Rantanen for slavin and a goalie who went on a hot streak as a rookie. Interesting idea to say the least. I think I’m fine with trading for kuemper and signing Murray and also having byram come up and take a step. Rantanen is one of the best RW in the game.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
You’d have traded a 1st line ppg wing that has insane chemistry with MacKinnon for a top 4 D that doesn’t have a future with the team (Byram Girard Makar and Toews do exist) and a relatively unproven goalie?

Glad you aren’t the Avs GM… that’d be a stupid move.
And when is this trade window open exactly?

Nedeljkovic was a 25 yo AHL goalie with almost no NHL experience who made it through waivers last season, then was the Canes goalie for ~20 starts and two playoffs rounds before being traded for a 2021 3rd rd pick and another UFA goalie’s signing rights after pricing himself out of Raleigh on July 22nd.

When was the Gibson thing happening?

Reactions: strictlyrandy

TheRarestDangles

Oct 1, 2019
Denver, Colorado, USA, Earth
Sakic’s not remembering that guys like Lemieux and Foote got him where they did as much as he.

If Carolina had a deal in place for Gibson as rumoured, I’d have thrown them Rantanen for Slavin/Ned. Improved goal and D in a way that it can be depended upon.

They have all the skating and offense they need. Defense, physicality and goaltending not so much.

They can score - great.

A team that can lay weight on an opponent in a seven game series to good effect? They need that.
No offense but you seem to know nothing about the Avalanche. Avs lack bottom 6 offensive depth, not defensive depth.

NotPetya

May 28, 2021
And when is this trade window open exactly?

Nedeljkovic was a 25 yo AHL goalie with almost no NHL experience who made it through waivers last season, then was the Canes goalie for ~20 starts and two playoffs rounds before being traded for a 2021 3rd rd pick and another UFA goalie’s signing rights after pricing himself out of Raleigh on July 22nd.

When was the Gibson thing happening?

Mid July. Apparently this isn’t the first time it’s been talked about. Eddie Olczyk’s someone I’d give credence to given his PIT connections (PIT and CAR) have some crossover in their front offices.)

varano

Jun 27, 2013

They can score - great.

Wow....You would be a terrible GM

NotPetya

May 28, 2021
Wow....You would be a terrible GM

It would need to get balanced out as that wouldn’t be the exact trade, but I’m not liking the idea of waiting for Byram + the develop into a defensive defenseman, and they need defense.

Slavin is mentioned because he’s from the area, Rantanen’s named because Carolina is doing their Team Finland thing, and Nedeljkovic, because I’m not happy with goaltending depth so deeply intertwined with the Arizona Coyotes. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NotPetya

May 28, 2021
No offense but you seem to know nothing about the Avalanche. Avs lack bottom 6 offensive depth, not defensive depth.

The Avs offense has little trouble getting goals; Donskoi, Jost & Timmins did the bottom/middle 6 last year; the idea of more sandpaper moving forward just intrigues me I guess.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Don’t expect much 5 on 5.

I dunno he got 11 ES goals in 68 games with Ottawa on the 4th line to go along with 6 PP goals.

He's still very dangerous in the offensive zone with how little opportunity he gets. 5 on 5 or on the powerplay. It's really the neutral zone and defensive zone where his skating starts to hurt him.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Not the worst guy to give a PTO. Worst case, he's available for the away games so our vets don't have to travel as much in the preseason.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
It would need to get balanced out as that wouldn’t be the exact trade, but I’m not liking the idea of waiting for Byram + the develop into a defensive defenseman, and they need defense.

Slavin is mentioned because he’s from the area, Rantanen’s named because Carolina is doing their Team Finland thing, and Nedeljkovic, because I’m not happy with goaltending depth so deeply intertwined with the Arizona Coyotes. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Colorado literally has at worst a top 5 defense in the league. You’re so clueless it’s hilarious.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
The Avs offense has little trouble getting goals; Donskoi, Jost & Timmins did the bottom/middle 6 last year; the idea of more sandpaper moving forward just intrigues me I guess.
You realize two of those guys aren’t on the team anymore and Timmins is a defenseman right? Are you that clueless or just trolling?

banks

W W W 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
Dude was the luckiest player in the league the one year when he got to play with Kane and Panarin as his wingers.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015

Yeah Avs haven't had any injuries to their D in the last 2 years. 6 D is all we need for 82 games and playoffs. Well, 4 or 5 and...whatever's cheap.

Reactions: NotPetya

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Yeah Avs haven't had any injuries to their D in the last 2 years. 6 D is all we need for 82 games and playoffs. Well, 4 or 5 and...whatever's cheap.

You're right. The Avs have had a lot of injuries over the last 2 years. And despite that, they've allowed the 4th fewest goals per game in the NHL over that time. So, the 4 or 5 D plus whatever's cheap (or whoever is next on the depth chart) method seems to be working decently well. What changes would you make that would guarantee better results? And would that improvement justify the cost?

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
didn't think sakic would need to bargin shop after losing grubauer. this is nearly retired depth (assuming he survives the tryout)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad