PTO: [COL] Artem Anisimov signs PTO with Avs

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Doesn't have NHL pace anymore unless he got his hands on a time machine in the offseason. Still has filthy hands tho. Especially in tight close to the crease

Reactions: derriko

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Could be coincidence, but with JJ and Arty it sure looks like AGM Chris McFarland still has all old former Jackets in his rolodex. That's on top of Tyutin, Calvert, Connauton, etc...

The list is actually a lot bigger than it should be; Comeau, Holden, Brassard, Goloubef, Ryan Murray, Skille, Dano, Rene Bourque, Saad, Bodnarchuck, Tynan, Cole, Vogelhuber, Bass, Jeremy Smith and Matteau. There's gotta be a couple I missed, too.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
And he knew that was coming years in advance. This isn't some surprise.

The only bad moment was losing Grubauer for nothing, so Timmins had to be traded. But then Sakic signed Murray - a good replacement. These two last moves are PTOs

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
The list is actually a lot bigger than it should be; Comeau, Holden, Brassard, Goloubef, Ryan Murray, Skille, Dano, Rene Bourque, Saad, Bodnarchuck, Tynan, Cole, Vogelhuber, Bass, Jeremy Smith and Matteau. There's gotta be a couple I missed, too.
Calvert

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
And he knew that was coming years in advance. This isn't some surprise.

They're one of the best cap managed teams in the NHL, having good players costs money and they were bound to reach the cap lol. If Erik Johnson is their worst cap problem I'm a happy camper. He's overpaid only because of injuries and he showed loyalty in their darkest times so I have no issues as a fan with his $6 million price tag. After that, the next worst contract is $3.5... Not many, if any, teams are in that good of shape in regards to poor contracts. They will likely continue to lose depth from here on due to the flat cap and taking chances like this, coupled with prospect growth, are the only reasonable way to keep the team together at this stage.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Good hands, good vision, good shot but as many said struggles with the pace and ultimately the biggest issue is he's not great defensively so it leaves him in a tough spot. Not good enough for top 6 anymore and not necessarily a fit on most bottom 6

NotPetya

May 28, 2021
Sounds like he'd fit right in to Bednar's system. /s

Not a fan of Sakic's moves for several in a row. Beginning to look like no actual plan.

Sakic’s not remembering that guys like Lemieux and Foote got him where they did as much as he.

If Carolina had a deal in place for Gibson as rumoured, I’d have thrown them Rantanen for Slavin/Ned. Improved goal and D in a way that it can be depended upon.

They have all the skating and offense they need. Defense, physicality and goaltending not so much.

They can score - great.

A team that can lay weight on an opponent in a seven game series to good effect? They need that.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Sakic’s not remembering that guys like Lemieux and Foote got him where they did as much as he.

If Carolina had a deal in place for Gibson as rumoured, I’d have thrown them Rantanen for Slavin/Ned. Improved goal and D in a way that it can be depended upon.

They have all the skating and offense they need. Defense, physicality and goaltending not so much.

They can score - great.

A team that can lay weight on an opponent in a seven game series to good effect? They need that.

You’d have traded a 1st line ppg wing that has insane chemistry with MacKinnon for a top 4 D that doesn’t have a future with the team (Byram Girard Makar and Toews do exist) and a relatively unproven goalie?

Glad you aren’t the Avs GM… that’d be a stupid move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad