Pre-Game Talk: Coilers @ Jets - Wed Sept 29/21 - 7PM - TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Game 2 of the preseason is tomorrow so let's discuss

We'll be facing a team that has made some changes to help the wonder duo of McComplaining about Refs and Drysaddle

I'll start ....

connor_jets_may25.jpg

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Heinola with DeMelo today. Looks like he'll be given another look for the third pairing LD spot, hopefully he shows better then his first game.

Perfetti with Harkins and Svech. I don't mind those two as linemates.
That would be a pretty prodding and cerebral line. Considering they're all good at slowing the play down it could be fun to watch them work together.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Are the Oilers better or worse this year?

It depends if you think Keith and Ceci are going to make a difference or not.

I think they did a good job adding some guys up front that will help them in Hyman, Foegele and Ryan. But they still have the same goalies as last year and if Smith follows his trends he will be down this year.

They still will dominate on the PP and that should be good enough to see them win and win a lot. But the question remains whether they can win in the playoffs or not

They likely will score a lot and we likely won't here the end of it from the talking heads on Sportsnet and TSN but the regular season matters very little as long as you make the playoffs.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
It depends if you think Keith and Ceci are going to make a difference or not.

I think they did a good job adding some guys up front that will help them in Hyman, Foegele and Ryan. But they still have the same goalies as last year and if Smith follows his trends he will be down this year.

They still will dominate on the PP and that should be good enough to see them win and win a lot. But the question remains whether they can win in the playoffs or not

They likely will score a lot and we likely won't here the end of it from the talking heads on Sportsnet and TSN but the regular season matters very little as long as you make the playoffs.
Agree. The forwards look quite strong, especially at the top of the line-up.

There are question marks on D. Will Nurse continue as a top-end D? I'm not all that enthusiastic about Keith and Ceci. Doesn't improve them, and might drag them back a bit.

Of course, goaltending is the biggest question mark. I don't expect Smith to match last year's performance, and I have no idea how Koskinen will play. He doesn't inspire confidence.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yeah the Oilers imo have a very formidable forward core but their defense and goaltending are major question marks. I guess we will see if they can win like the Pens in 2017 as that is pretty much how they are built.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Yeah the Oilers imo have a very formidable forward core but their defense and goaltending are major question marks. I guess we will see if they can win like the Pens in 2017 as that is pretty much how they are built.
Ceci and Keith are wildcards. Barrie and Nurse are good and Bouchard has been looking really good in preseason. Our defence is not in the level of yours but we have some dandy prospects coming

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Ceci and Keith are wildcards. Barrie and Nurse are good and Bouchard has been looking really good in preseason. Our defence is not in the level of yours but we have some dandy prospects coming

I think Keith will be ok this year, he's got something to prove. I'm not saying he's gonna be Chicago level but I think he will look serviceable. Nurse had a great year last year. Bouchard last I've seen of him seemed to have hit a plateau in his development so it's good to hear he's doing well.

Barrie is solid in the offensive zone but not in his own zone, and I'm not a Ceci fan.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Good to hear about Bouchard, I've likes him for a while now. Not really a fan of Barrie and his game, I think he gives up way too much that it offsets his offense.

Not sure what to expect from Keith this year but hopefully it works out for you.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Good to hear about Bouchard, I've likes him for a while now. Not really a fan of Barrie and his game, I think he gives up way too much that it offsets his offense.

Not sure what to expect from Keith this year but hopefully it works out for you.

I think Keith will be fine. He was playing 1st line minutes in Chicago on a terrible defensive team. He will be 2nd line here. I actually think Bouchard will be playing with him in no time
Barrie is good with Nurse. He is a good PP QB. I like him. He got run outta town in Toronto

Reactions: Ginger Papa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad