Friedman: Cody Hodgson attempting comeback.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Hopefully, he can get on with a Euro team or something. Always nice to see someone set their eyes on something and accomplish it, y'know?

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I can remember him in the 2008 and 2009 era. The 2009 WJCs he was on fire. Actually outpointed Tavares. Hodgson just seemed like a future star in the making in the NHL. He seemed to have the chops for things. He really struck me as a guy that would be every bit as good as someone like Bergeron at that time. I know eventually he had injuries, but I just wonder why he was never able to crack more than 40 points in a season.

At the end of the day, he just couldn't skate at a top tier NHL level. It really held him back. It wasn't for lack of effort of trying to correct it. But like somebody else said...the dude was like 80% torso. He just biomechanically didn't have the legs for the job.

Then he had the back injury which is a killer.

Then he had the genetic disorder that came to light, which basically made him unable to sustain high level athletic stamina without...physiologically breaking down catastrophically.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
what are some other comebacks / attempted comebacks after 5+ years out of pro hockey? Fleury, Avery?

Claude Lemieux was out of the league five years when he made a successful comeback with the San Jose Sharks.

Carl Brewer was out of the league six years before making a 20-game comeback with the Maple Leafs.

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
He has signed an AHL PTO with the Milwaukee Admirals.

Sorry, I see this was already posted

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
I thought he had some sort of degenerative muscle problem? Crazy to even see this headline.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
How is he supposed to magically be in NHL shape after so many years not playing?
He's been working with a junior team in Nashville since he retired, so I'm guessing he's on the ice everyday. He's on a PTO with the Admirals now.

1705586680521.png

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
This is awesome to hear. I don't know if Cody will be able to come back after so many years out of the league, but it was such a shame to see a relatively young player have his career cut short the way his was.

An astonishing fact is he didn't even have to begin in the echl. Straight to the A.

Reactions: luiginb

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
NHL Ready Cody Hodgson?!
Don't think he's that yet but some of the Milwaukee people have said he is doing surprisingly well. If we are out of the playoffs I could see them giving him a few games but playing in the AHL playoffs would be a solid test for him right now imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad