Friedman: Cody Hodgson attempting comeback.

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Always liked him. Wasn't it his back having massive issues? I may be remembering wrong. Hopefully he's able to achieve it!!

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Always liked him. Wasn't it his back having massive issues? I may be remembering wrong. Hopefully he's able to achieve it!!

malignant hyperthermia
A year ago, Hodgson revealed to Sportsnet he was diagnosed with malignant hyperthermia, caused by a genetic mutation of the RYR-1 gene. In his case it affects his muscular system and seems to be triggered by prolonged exercise. Doctors told him he couldn't play anymore.Oct 25, 2018

Last edited:

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
malignant hyperthermia
This opens in a new window. A year ago, Hodgson revealed to Sportsnet he was diagnosed with malignant hyperthermia, caused by a genetic mutation of the RYR-1 gene. In his case it affects his muscular system and seems to be triggered by prolonged exercise. Doctors told him he couldn't play anymore.Oct 25, 2018
Damn. I wish him the best!

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
If he’s stayed healthy, continue working out etc, might have a shot at pro hockey but unlikey in the nhl. Be nice to see him get back into it though.

This but even more so. Dude has been done for the better part of a decade, it’d be impressive to make it back to any pro level. Hope he does it, though.

Would love to know how he actually was as a player. Most people seem to think he was just lazy, others know of the health stuff, I wonder if both can’t be true. Young talent takes it for granted, struggles, then the health stuff drags him down and he realizes what he’ll miss.. sounds like he’s feeling better, at least, so that’s dope.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Hodgson's dad continually badgered the Canucks to give him more ice time without having earned it. It's a shame that he ended up unable to continue his career, but I don't think anybody in Vancouver wants him back.

There's likely 0 members of the organization from that time still around. That was the Mike Gillis era.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
He was always a poor / slow skater.
Now he's 33
and he hasnt played pro hockey in 8 yeras.

Considering how difficult it is to become a regular in this sport, i just dont know how this would be possible.
MAAAAYBBBE, if he has secreutly become this fitness guru and is at least at a "meh" NHL speed level, he could find a home on the halfwall on some non-playoff team power play.

Reactions: Ail and David71

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Would five or six years ago not have been a better time? I understand he needed time to heal but being out 8 years, zero chance he's making the NHL again. Would he not still have the same muscle disease that ended his career now since it's genetic without a cure?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad