Cody Franson

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
I believe Franson's offensive abilities are overblown. He has a great shot, sure, but his hands and puck handling are below average. He's probably average as a passer.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
The conclusion is, 6 of the Leafs D men are in the top 50 in giveaways amongst D (4 in the top 20).

Is bunk another way of saying incapable of a breakout pass?

Do you believe that Franson is the league's most proficient hitter? Same with Schenn and Komarov who topped the list when they were here?

Do you also believe that the Leafs give away the puck 3 times as much at home(where they are 21-10-1) as they do on the road(11-12-5)?

MakeTheIronSing

Oct 13, 2011
Edmonton
Do you believe that Franson is the league's most proficient hitter? Same with Schenn and Komarov who topped the list when they were here?

Do you also believe that the Leafs give away the puck 3 times as much at home(where they are 21-10-1) as they do on the road(11-12-5)?

How is anyone supposed to determine the league's "most proficient hitter"? That's a loaded question. Most hits in the league does not make you the most proficient hitter. There is no such thing because its all interpretation.

I don't really care when they give up the puck, and why does it matter if it happens at home or on the road? It shouldnt happen that much period.

I wasn't in on a debate on road or home effectiveness, I was simply calling you out on a pretty stupid comment.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
How is anyone supposed to determine the league's "most proficient hitter"? That's a loaded question. Most hits in the league does not make you the most proficient hitter. There is no such thing because its all interpretation.

I don't really care when they give up the puck, and why does it matter if it happens at home or on the road? It shouldnt happen that much period.

I wasn't in on a debate on road or home effectiveness, I was simply calling you out on a pretty stupid comment.

You missed the point... Leafs stat guys are well-known for inflating stats, hence the high ratio of giveaways at home compared to the road, as well as the high hit totals which he mentioned. The Leafs have 500 more hits and 320 more giveaways at home than on the road in only 4 more games.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's

Stupid comment? I need to come to Joey's defence here.

Could you please explain to me why the Leafs have the most giveaways in the league at home and the 20th-least amount of giveaways on the road? Are we three times worse defensively at home or is there another explanation that you can provide for all the stupid masses?

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario

Could you please explain to me why the Leafs have the most giveaways in the league at home and the 20th-least amount of giveaways on the road? Are we three times worse defensively at home or is there another explanation that you can provide for all the stupid masses?

He is saying that the stat guys in Toronto inflate the stats, it's all interpretation,

Back to franson: I agree his offensive game is average but he does get his shot through a lot of the time this is a big plus, Is a right handed shot and can hit. He isn't super slow but I agree with the above poster when he said that he has rock stone hands. Last year his breakout passes were on point, this year not so much.... I'd give him up at seasons end, need him to play the right aide

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
He is saying that the stat guys in Toronto inflate the stats, it's all interpretation,

Back to franson: I agree his offensive game is average but he does get his shot through a lot of the time this is a big plus, Is a right handed shot and can hit. He isn't super slow but I agree with the above poster when he said that he has rock stone hands. Last year his breakout passes were on point, this year not so much.... I'd give him up at seasons end, need him to play the right aide

*smacks head*

I know that.

I'm asking MakeTheIronSing for his explanation, since he says it doesn't matter if a giveaway happens on the road or away. Please pay closer attention.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
those 8 people who said he isn't a top 4 dman either no nnothing about hockey or dont watch hockey because i thought franson took a huge step this season under Carlyle and was very welcomed... he is a force and i hope he doesn't get traded away or we will be sorry, has a wicked shot can make a good first pass.

Lol poole

MakeTheIronSing

Oct 13, 2011
Edmonton

Because their defenders are quite frankly awful at handling the puck in their own end. The disparity of home and away is irrelevent and quite frankly shouldnt matter to anybody because its trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
I actually like Franny and its great that his hitting game has developed (I don't give a **** about hits actually) but he needs to work on his defensive awareness and footspeed.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
I actually like Franny and its great that his hitting game has developed (I don't give a **** about hits actually) but he needs to work on his defensive awareness and footspeed.

This years Tyler Bozak, under appreciated.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I like him, and before RC mentioned it, I thought his lack of training camp, was
the reason why he's a step down this year. His defensive play on Palat looked like a turning point in his season.

If his offense is average, our D-corps must be bad at production.

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
I like him, and before RC mentioned it, I thought his lack of training camp, was
the reason why he's a step down this year. His defensive play on Palat looked like a turning point in his season.

If his offense is average, our D-corps must be bad at production.

Purely speculative, but I'd guess our D-corps WAS one of, if not the least productive until about a dozen games ago.

leafstilldeath*

I have not forgotten Franson of last year especially Franson of the playoffs. The guy is physical with great offensive instincts.

I think Franson will be a top 4 D-man long term.

Missing camp hurt him badly. Second, I think his conditioning was poor. He needs to work on that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad