Confirmed with Link: CODY Eakin to the jets

jetswin

Jul 24, 2011
Think about what that would do for us if he could run with Laine and Connor.

We could keep the Roslovic line together as our 4rth unit , and run with Perrault Lowry and Copp as our 3rd line.

That could give us 4 solid lines down the stretch, but everyone needs to stay healthy which seems impossible this season.
Eakin is not a 2nd line centre....people here so highly over value local toys :(

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Think about what that would do for us if he could run with Laine and Connor.

We could keep the Roslovic line together as our 4rth unit , and run with Perrault Lowry and Copp as our 3rd line.

That could give us 4 solid lines down the stretch, but everyone needs to stay healthy which seems impossible this season.
Can you imagine?

That could lower the top 2 lines icetime and have them fresher in games and as the playoffs progress.

I have doubts that Eakin would be better than Copp there. But either way I wouldn't mind any of those lines out at any time. It could cause other teams matchup fits and allow the 2015 line to feast on other teams 4th lines

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
Doesnt matter if he doesnt want to be here. I dont blame him. He is born and raised here and was living in vegas.

He is a professional and will play hard to get a new contract somewhere else next year.

He will have to play his ass off to earn anything close to what hes making now. It will only help us

Last edited:
Reactions: ERYX and Zippity

Jetsfan4life

Dec 15, 2013
Usa
I'm pretty sure he is happy to be here but give the guy a break he is coming from a team ahead of us in the standings.Its a business and he knows it.If you think he is not happy to be here you are wrong once he steps onto that ice today he is going to be giving it all he has because now he is playing to either get resigned by us or picked up by another team.He has to showcase his talents so he won't be playing sloppy he is going to be giving it all he has because like it or not at least for the rest of this year he is a Jet.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
I'm pretty sure he is happy to be here but give the guy a break he is coming from a team ahead of us in the standings.Its a business and he knows it.If you think he is not happy to be here you are wrong once he steps onto that ice today he is going to be giving it all he has because now he is playing to either get resigned by us or picked up by another team.He has to showcase his talents so he won't be playing sloppy he is going to be giving it all he has because like it or not at least for the rest of this year he is a Jet.

I am not a Winnipeg hater at all. But I'm sure it has to do with city just as much as the standings.

Reactions: Jet

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Why do people think being from Winnipeg means you want to play in Winnipeg? I sure as hell wouldn’t want to play in Winnipeg. I’d probably be ok with it to play in the NHL but I wouldn’t choose it

Reactions: razorsedge

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
The enthusiasm is strong with this one:sarcasm: Hopefully he plays his ass off since this is a contract year.
tenor.gif

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
Why do people think being from Winnipeg means you want to play in Winnipeg? I sure as hell wouldn’t want to play in Winnipeg. I’d probably be ok with it to play in the NHL but I wouldn’t choose it

Yep. I think I’m general, unless you are an absolute superstar, players don’t like to play in their home city. Lots of distractions and pressure. Winnipeg of all places likely just adds to his lack of excitement having to play here

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
They have the cap space to make additions but also dress their best roster now, Cody Glass will be up and he can be a difference maker matching up vs our middle 6. They'll sic Stone on our big line and just suck the life out of us 5 on 5. Our PP would have to dominate and our PK would have to be at least average (for the league not for them) to have a chance to get into 6-7 games. I'd much rather face any of the Canadian teams, none of them are deep at all and best on best we have a chance. STL, Vegas and Colorado are real tough matchups IMO.

The line for Vegas that has given us trouble is Karlsson's. That's who they would match up against Scheifele.
So it would Connor-Copp-Laine or (Ehlers-Wheeler) vs. Pacioretty-Stastny-Stone. I think Jets would matchup alright. None of those guys are particularly great skaters anymore. 3rd line is pretty even. Good chance for Roslovic and Appleton. Eakin was a 3rd liner there, probably one here. I would think that you see Eakin/Copp-Lowry-Roslovic healthy, and either Harkins or Perreault, with Apples/Lowry and Shore on the 4th. I could see the argument for another forward, though I wish we would give Harkins-Shore-Chibisov a shot, it's chemistry that has already been built.

Special teams Jets have been good of late, mostly because of opponents, it's 5 on 5 where they have been weaker.
We may need another defenseman. And that defenseman could be Samberg. For Hellebuyck getting past Fleury is a hump. We don't have a #2 we have confidence in, which could precipitate a move.

I do agree that a Smythe matchup would be best, but expect Vegas to be the #1 in Pacific. If Nashville takes the #1 WC, that's a trip through the Central, which will be a lot harder.

You can never predict what is going to happen in the playoffs though. Columbus showed that. Just have to make them.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
I see exactly 0 excitement in him.
That's the most apathetic interview I think I've seen in Jets 2.0.

Guy kinda sounds like a di*k
I guess you can’t take too much from an interview but to my ears Cody sounds very uninspired to be here. When a guy’s tone doesn’t show any change in 4 minutes you have to wonder. Disappointment can be a very strong drug.....

Read this book when you have some time.
Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know about the People We Don't Know by Malcolm Gladwell
There is a growing body of social science research in this area. Judging a person's motivations and character from a 4 minute interview is almost impossible.
Much better to evaluate based on past behaviour...which is exactly why the Jets traded for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad