Confirmed with Link: CODY Eakin to the jets

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
Yep. I think I’m general, unless you are an absolute superstar, players don’t like to play in their home city. Lots of distractions and pressure. Winnipeg of all places likely just adds to his lack of excitement having to play here

I think people forget that home town guys actually have lived very little in Winnipeg. Considering most people don't recall a great deal before 7 -8 years of age and that they move away when they are 16 to play junior, how little memories of the home cities do they really have. Having family at all the games is not a big deal anymore that all games can be seen Centre Ice.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
OMG, just figured it out. Eakin is a Trojan horse sent to Winnipeg by Vegas to help screw us over. I can see it now, playing Vegas in the playoffs. Eakin repeatedly takes bad penalties, loses key face offs and leaves his man wide open on scoring chances. Vegas eliminates the Jets.:sarcasm:

F*** Vegas

Just like he did for Vegas last year against the Sharks.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Didn't watch the game too closely today. How did Eakins look?

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Did anyone else watch the interview with Eakins? Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but he looked less than thrilled to be playing for Winnipeg. I'll predict right now that regardless of how well he plays for the rest of this year, he'll be with another team next season.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Didn't watch the game too closely today. How did Eakins look?

Cody Eakin was alright. He was a bit slow on the play at times, and didn't have great synchronism with his wingers, which isn't entirely surprising. I thought he was strong defensively. He backchecked hard to break up a potential 2-1 at one point, had good stick position. Took a regular rep on the PK, knocking Connor out of the rotation. He added a little physicality which was good. Hard to make a read, because that was a trenches game, without much speed coming through the neutral zone, which is effectively the Jets game.. Can't say that he was better than Roslovic in the 3 slot, but I don't think he was much of a problem either.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Are you serious? He got that after the trade? Well, it did have that look of a rush job. :laugh:
No way he would have gotten a big tattoo and then wear sweaty hockey equipment on it the very next day , for one it would be sore and 2 it could get infected easy . It's basically a wound that has to scab and heal , no way he got one once he heard of the trade . This place is unreal sometimes . :laugh:

Reactions: thereturn

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
Did anyone else watch the interview with Eakins? Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but he looked less than thrilled to be playing for Winnipeg. I'll predict right now that regardless of how well he plays for the rest of this year, he'll be with another team next season.
That would be optimal at this point.

Reactions: MardyBum and Bob E

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
View attachment 324515
A local boy who plays for the Jets? How about that.
We got a Winnipegger from Vegas??? Mark Stone? Yes, Stoner! Whoooo-h000000! Yes!! '
...oh, wait, it's Cody Eakin. Um, well, he was a 20 goal scorer a year ago. He's not that old. Thanks to a brutal season this year, if he proves useful we may be able to keep him on the cheap. I'm okay with this.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I'm perfectly fine with Eakin if he is upset with the trade... And it's not a Winnipeg city thing either .....

It's about being traded from a team that will probably finish first in the Pacific to a team that has a good shot at not making the playoffs. Who wouldn't be pissed?

Last edited:

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
We're in a good position with Cody Eakin --even if he doesn't want to be here. He's going to be an UFA -and he has to perform with the Jets and bring his numbers up, or he won't be offered much of a contract, so I'd expect him to put out a 100 % effort. He has "no choice." If he wants to leave next season -- let him walk -- no big deal.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I'm perfectly fine with Eakin if he is upset with the trade... And it's not a Winnipeg city thing either .....

It's about being traded from a team that will probably finish first in the Pacific to a team that has a good shot at not making the playoffs. Who wouldn't be pissed?

Especially considering they are basically dumping your cap hit. It's not like Vegas got a player in return.

Those STUPID fools in Vegas though, we got a 3C for peanuts!

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
Lol getting a tattoo of your team in professional sports is such an awful idea. Especially considering he's already been traded and exposed in an expansion draft.

Jedub

Registered Lurker
Nov 21, 2013
Winnipeg
Eakin does not look happy to be in Winnipeg.

Why would he be? Guy gets out of Winnipeg to play in the NHL, goes to Dallas, becomes an original member of a cindarella team in VEGAS of all places, then gets shipped back here in Feb? Don't blame the guy.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I think people forget that home town guys actually have lived very little in Winnipeg. Considering most people don't recall a great deal before 7 -8 years of age and that they move away when they are 16 to play junior, how little memories of the home cities do they really have. Having family at all the games is not a big deal anymore that all games can be seen Centre Ice.
You've spoken to a number of NHL'ers who play in their home towns?

What else did they talk about?

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Why do people think being from Winnipeg means you want to play in Winnipeg? I sure as hell wouldn’t want to play in Winnipeg. I’d probably be ok with it to play in the NHL but I wouldn’t choose it
Why he hell do we think we know anything about what a player thinks about playing in his hometown? This whole discussion is complete conjecture.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad