Post-Game Talk: Cody Crybabies Beat Final Boss Doughty

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Think it's safe to say we pretty much have second locked up. There's always a chance at first but it's still a lot of ground to make up.

I'm conflicted at who I want to finish third, Knights or Kings...

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
So on the Henrique goal, watch Doughty. McDavid gets the draw and goes for a skate behind the net and out to to blue line with Doughty chasing him out there, Oilers cycle the puck down low and score. It’s basically what Vegas did to the Oilers in the playoffs last year.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Pepperdige Farm remembers.

Some of the comments made by posters here about him at that time were...less than kind. Never doubt this man.

I still think he’s been battling a nagging injury and just coming out of it in the past few weeks. I do in fact have the Internet Doctor Of Online Medicine & Body Language Degree so it’s pretty definitive.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Think it's safe to say we pretty much have second locked up. There's always a chance at first but it's still a lot of ground to make up.

Vegas will add Hertl and Stone (and Hill) to their playoff roster, whereas the Kings iced their playoff team last night.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Still hoping beyond hope we don't play LA and StL somehow ekes out the final WC spot and knocks Vegas right out of it.
I harbored the same thought (Blues passing the Knights) until Vegas regrouped their game after the new additions.

The Blues have a mountain to climb after they couldn't beat Vegas in regulation this week.

Reactions: bellagiobob

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
In a playoff series right now, the Oilers will easily beat either Los Angeles or Vegas. We have nothing to fear from either of those clubs. If Vegas gets healthy, they might at least be a challenge, but since Dec. 15th they are 23rd overall and the Oilers are 1st. Oilers will handle either of those teams, barring major injury to important players.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I still havent watched replay. Sounds like Vinny needs to come out and Stetcher in?

Desharnais was horrible last night by my eye and the stats didn’t lie as well:

IMG_3152.jpeg

LA is a deceptively quick team so if you’re not fleet of foot you’re going to need to make some really smart decisions with the puck. Desharnais looked overwhelmed last night just like he did against the Kings in the 2023 playoffs. He is still important to the PK though so I’d try a 11-7 with him as the 7th Dman primarily taking the short handed minutes.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

Not really. It’s looking increasingly likely that our game against Vancouver on the 13th will decide who wins. We’re 6 back with 2 games in hand. Win those and the head to head and we’re tied. Then it just comes down to points in the other 8 games

Reactions: Puljulainen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad