Post-Game Talk: Cody Crybabies Beat Final Boss Doughty

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
If hard work, constancy and character carried more weight, then yes I would vote Hyman as our MVP. Smytty would have potted 50 every year flanking McDavid.

Isn’t the kevy10000 one of those heat pump things? Jk/

Reactions: McDoused

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Slightly crazy, yes. McDavid has assisted on 33 of Hyman's 51 goals and has nearly double his points. McDavid is clearly the MVP of this team.

This being said, Hyman has found a new level this season and if he isn't the MVP, he's probably the #2 guy right now (which is to say, over Draisaitl, which was unthinkable prior to this year).

Normally I would agree with the narrative that McDavid is the MVP while Hyman is the heart of the team. He shows up every night, works hard, plays the game the right way, etc. However this year Hyman has been much more then that. He has 20% of the teams goals this year. Take his goals away and we going from being a top 5 offensive team to a bottom feeder.

You could also look at it the other way with McDavid too that he would have 33 less assists without Hyman - for 27 goals and 62 assists. That's kinda meh for a player as talented as McDavid. For as good as McDavid makes Hyman, I think Hyman has a similar effect on McDavid.

Reactions: Oilhawks

EnufAlready

Dec 31, 2021
Normally I would agree with the narrative that McDavid is the MVP while Hyman is the heart of the team. He shows up every night, works hard, plays the game the right way, etc. However this year Hyman has been much more then that. He has 20% of the teams goals this year. Take his goals away and we going from being a top 5 offensive team to a bottom feeder.

You could also look at it the other way with McDavid too that he would have 33 less assists without Hyman - for 27 goals and 62 assists. That's kinda meh for a player as talented as McDavid. For as good as McDavid makes Hyman, I think Hyman has a similar effect on McDavid.
I love Hyman. Plays the right way and is a great teammate and person. I think he should get a ton of credit!

But…there are a dozen or more guys that could do what Hyman is doing while playing with 97. There is only one 97

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Ekholm had two bad mistakes in the third and Bouchard had two bad mistakes in the game. Against Colorado or a "suddenly loaded up Vegas", those errors alone would be enough to lose the game.
Bouchard, McDavid, Draisaitl, Skinner and even Ekholm have been making mistakes/ unforced errors all season. The thing is that they are able to outscore/outsave their mistakes.

We should be fine.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

McDavid is the Ferrari. Hyman is the dependable work truck.

Ekholm had two bad mistakes in the third and Bouchard had two bad mistakes in the game. Against Colorado or a "suddenly loaded up Vegas", those errors alone would be enough to lose the game.
Yup, and if Grandpa had tits, I'd have 2 Grandmas. Doesn't matter, that wasn't who we were paying. Maybe they amp up their game even more against those other teams and make less mistakes and more plays.

Reactions: EnufAlready

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Not good enough for you or some of the other testy punters here apparently. lol

Can't imagine what this place is gonna be like come playoffs. More carving going on here than used to occur at Mother Tuckers.
So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no then?

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
McDavid is the Ferrari. Hyman is the dependable work truck.

Yup, and if Grandpa had tits, I'd have 2 Grandmas. Doesn't matter, that wasn't who we were paying. Maybe they amp up their game even more against those other teams and make less mistakes and more plays.

That's my point. He's more than that this year. He has 50 goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad