Post-Game Talk: Cody Crybabies Beat Final Boss Doughty

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
1711736250658.jpeg

EnufAlready

Dec 31, 2021
View attachment 843046
On what planet is this Nuge's fault, he was off the ice for 5 seconds on a GOOD change. He has never had a problem with bad changes..sheesh.
You are correct. Great change by Nuge. This guys takes are mostly bogus. Hes long winded and well worded but mostly wrong about everything. Good call on the video. Dispells another mystical story

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Huh? In March Vegas have lost to Columbus, Buffalo, Vancouver, Calgary, Tampa, Nahville.

So that going into Winnipeg game last night Vegas had won 6 games and lost 6 games Bettman pts config notwithstanding. The Knights were outplayed badly last night and won a game against grain it was a 2-1 W with two empty net goals giving the final score another appearance. The Knights were outshot 30-13 in last two periods and somehow staked out the winning goal.

Only playoff team Knights have beat in March was Winnipeg last night, a game they fully deserved to lose.

The knights schedule had them play 9/12 games in March so far against non playoff clubs. They should be doing better than they are.
My definition of Vegas "playing well as of late" = them grabbing 11 out of 14 points the past two weeks. It has been enough to stay ahead of the Wild and Blues and keep pace with the Kings for 3rd in the Pacific. I wasn't attempting to dig deeper into the situation beyond that.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Well this is interesting

Stecher seems like he will be a good fit as a 7th dman. He is not that old (29/30) but he has almost 500 games of NHL experience and he plays both sides,
It seems like he can play heavier minutes if needed as well.

I also like the 2nd line with Henrique on it. Not only does it provide an additional centre on that line but he is defensively responsible and he has good hands around the net.
He is like a 2nd RNH with a little heavier boots.
Smart player.
I am also liking the 3rd line...McLeods speed coupled with the heavy game of Perry and Kane was very effective against the Kings.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Ceci should get sick more often. Was his best game of the season arguably. There wasn't one WTF Ceci moment that I recall.

My definition of Vegas "playing well as of late" = them grabbing 11 out of 14 points the past two weeks. It has been enough to stay ahead of the Wild and Blues and keep pace with the Kings for 3rd in the Pacific. I wasn't attempting to dig deeper into the situation beyond that.
All good. Just replying that they haven't really been playing well and that their month is due to weak shedule and Bettman pts inflation.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Apparently it just kills some posters to admit that Skinner was one of the best players in a game.
You would think they would be happy. Nope.
Really weird. :help:
I said Skinner had a great game wtf u on about. I said when he is on he is great he does have consistency it's his problem

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
So he has a good game and all of a sudden he is early 90s Roy? Can't wait for the pitch forks after he flops in hos next game 🤣
Again, I ask you like I also asked @iCanada
Did you guys only watch last night and no other games this season? Skinner had a lot of good games this season, maybe you guys conveniently missed those games?
Yes he's been inconsistent like 90% of the goalies in the league are but he's had more good than bad after the rough start to the season.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Again, I ask you like I also asked @iCanada
Did you guys only watch last night and no other games this season? Skinner had a lot of good games this season, maybe you guys conveniently missed those games?
Yes he's been inconsistent like 90% of the goalies in the league are but he's had more good than bad after the rough start to the season.
Yep, I just counted he’s had 27 games over .920 save percentage this year.
21 games under .900. (Won 6 of them). Which obviously isn’t ideal but Hellebucyk has 18 games under .900 and most people would consider him a top tier goalie.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You brought receipts
Indeed he did.

The highlights don't show how the puck had remained in Oilers end to that point in first place and a couple board battles. lost. The highlight reel is 17secs, the play preceding around a minute. Also, and just a pet peeve but its home ice with Oilers last change. This wasn't a puck deep situation. McD and Nuge had option of staying on ice and perhaps should have. They were facing Byfield and PLD who were just paired up in third period and had some good shifts. Indeed PLD had two prior EV scoring chances just that period. Byfield had another. It was the only Kings line going at that point in game. The line change meant that Kings had a sustained shift, same guys on ice, and had the puck. Any line change involves an interruption in coverage. Teh forwards coming on were late providing pass support and Ekholm bobbled, and Byfield pounced on the puck. Both Dubois and Kaliyev were left wide open.

But people blame Ekholm....

Its OK to look into more detail on plays, and I do, and I rewatched the segment, not just the 17secs..

but yeah, I never reply...(not directed at you)

In fairness I retract my specific Nuge comment in anycase. It was a reasonable change but I don't think advisable for either McD or Nuge in that instance. Just stay the shift. Both have the lungs for it.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
View attachment 843046
On what planet is this Nuge's fault, he was off the ice for 5 seconds on a GOOD change. He has never had a problem with bad changes..sheesh.
Retracted. Fair enough.

But as I stated there was play that preceded this and problems getting out of zone that preceded. This was not a puck deep line change. It was a puck that was that was easily reversed and that the Kings sensed was a go play. So that meant Ekholm who bobbled puck (the one being blamed by others) did so possibly because he was sensing pressure iand that the Oilers that had changed on did not get back and offer puck support or coverage on time. This meant that Byfield was able to jump play and none of the forwards coming on had their man. PLD was left wide open as was Kaliyev. Kane and Mcleod busy watching the goal be scored.

Mcleod offering token bump on the forecheck not pretty either. He didn't even slow Byfield down.

If I'm a purist Hyman didn't pursue puck and impede pass up well enough. (yes he's a great player for us but didn't do the job on that play)

In anycase the one play shows how quickly things can go wrong but also in some way illustration of how few times there were any breakdowns from the Oilers. Hardly even bobbles other than that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad