Post-Game Talk: Cody Crybabies Beat Final Boss Doughty

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
With the Vancouver loss, the Oilers are only 6 points back with 2 games in hand. The division title feels within grasp (didn't realize it was that close) and, lets be honest, not winning a division title in the McDavid era is pretty embarrassing so might as well get that out of the way and do it now.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
With the Vancouver loss, the Oilers are only 6 points back with 2 games in hand. The division title feels within grasp (didn't realize it was that close) and, lets be honest, not winning a division title in the McDavid era is pretty embarrassing so might as well get that out of the way and do it now.
I only care b/c Vegas could finish 3rd, but them or LA will be hard. It's so close we won't know who plays who until the very end most likely.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
You are both correct, they hadn't updated the standings on the NHL app. Damn this is going to be interesting, I hope they chase them down.
With the picture still so open, they can realistically draw any one of VGK, LA or Nashville.

I think I would prefer Nashville... if only because it would be a new series. I'm not looking forward to another trapping fest by the Kings

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Big win, big statement, imo, from a lot of important players.

Great win.
will be a challenging playoffs. A part of me wants to see Vegas finish in the WC and face Central teams.

With the picture still so open, they can realistically draw any one of VGK, LA or Nashville.

I think I would prefer Nashville... if only because it would be a new series. I'm not looking forward to another trapping fest by the Kings
Nashville only if they finish ahead of Vancouver. Not very likely, imho. LA or Vegas in the first round most likely.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I only care b/c Vegas could finish 3rd, but them or LA will be hard. It's so close we won't know who plays who until the very end most likely.

I don't even care too much about the opponent, playoffs are hard and each opponent will present a different set of challenges but they have to break this absurd lack of division titles streak. What is it 37 years now? That's ridiculous considering that they've had Gretzky, Messier, McDavid, Draisaitl etc. in that timeframe. No time like the present..

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
Imagine if we steal the division title from Vancouver just to get matched up with the f***ing Kings again anyway.
If we do end up playing LA, we better have home ice advantage. I recall in our previous series with them that their ice was mush at playoff time because the Lakers had games going as well. Playing in LA means no speed hockey…passing is a crapshoot….and puck bounces too much. When the Oilers lose their speed and passing game, we’re in trouble.

Reactions: bellagiobob

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Draisaitl always a monster in big games. Maybe that will get some posters off his back for a game or two.

Great showing all around. Bring on another Kings 1st round matchup. When we play patient and structured we walk all over them.

Actually I just realized Vegas passed them tonight. Interesting. And we actually could still pass Vancouver.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Bonus points to whoever gets the reference!

McDavid is probably gonna win the Ross, which is insane given how he started the season.

Skinner very solid tonight.
I chuckled when they played Seth's theme song during one of the penalty kills, but was also sad that no one sang along... ;)

Good game - I caught the last 2 periods and the shot clock really doesn't reflect the game on this one. Up until the last 8 minutes or so of the game the Oilers really weren't giving up much. Skinner also look solid here too.

Player I noticed the most was actually Drai. Dude was absolutely beasting tonight!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad